Congrats Mikey! From the ICS Board (There Corky)

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Why isn't this board as good as it used to be?
Posted By Steve Lawrence on 11/30/2010 at 5:53 PM

I could be wrong but it seems to me that we have:

Fewer interesting threads.

Fewer posters.

Less back and forth.

Fewer experts posting.

What do you think?

Re: Why isn't this board as good as it used to be?
Posted By Brad Gouveia on 11/30/2010 at 5:57 PM

I think people are scared of getting banned. The other boards are a little more laid back with their rules.

Or maybe it is that the banned people are the ones that made the board good?

I must agree that mikeysboard is slowly taking over as the board to read.

Posted By CarpetMax on 11/30/2010 at 6:34 PM

Some people just search the board for the info that they are looking for rather than post the same questions over and over?

Posted By Steve Lillard on 11/30/2010 at 6:42 PM

Evan ran the trouble makers off :)

Posted By Bob Martin on 11/30/2010 at 8:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing,
it's kinda dull and boaring

Have we talked about everything
and now its just re-hashing the same old thing?

Or were the "trouble makers" more fun to have around?

Where is "the list" of the banned people?
I'de like to know who i'm missing.

I know, its because there are more boards to go to,
soooo this place gets less action.

i liked the times when this board first started out, the post were better.
and so were the people.
(did i say that?)

Well, thats it for me,
my name might end-up on "the list"

jojo bamboo
member of the
witness protection program

.....bob's not here

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Congrats Mikey!

Did I miss what board that was on?

Thread should be titled....."Congrats Mikey's Boarders". lol

G

George V

Gee,

you would think a Disco Truckmount would have the opposite affect on people.

You know if he tried posting a gay rig like that here the threads would be burning like wildfire!

DayNight2.jpg

saturday-night-fever.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

The truck is a little big for what it has in it and what it would normally be used for (I mean cleaning etc).

He could put 2 TMs in there. :shock: :mrgreen:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy

George V said:
Gee,

you would think a Disco Truckmount would have the opposite affect on people.

You know if he tried posting a gay rig like that here the threads would be burning like wildfire!

DayNight2.jpg

saturday-night-fever.jpg
i can't quit laughing at that discovan pic with travolta under it...ha...ha... :lol:

the setup is pretty cool...but the flash is so brokeback

harryhides

Name
Tony
Four years ago ( pre- Mikey's Board ) ICS had an average of 250 posts per day and now the average is 30 per day.
Could this be the problem ?
Most of their top Posters hardly make for spellbinding or even useful reading with the exception of Richard.

Most Frequent Posters - This Month
Name Messages
Steve Lawrence 46
Con Schultz 46
Steven Hoodlebrink 37
Martin Sutley 35
Richard Chavez 29
Tim Hawver 29

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Sometimes I think this whole dual wanding thing is just a "Mines bigger than yours". I understand in some commercial settings it is very productive but in a nutshell I have to say it in simple terms: Trucks and machines are cheap, people are priceless. I have heard all of the pro's and con's but I am a one man one truck operator. Flexibility, personal relationships, and accountability. Keeping in mind you need to have procedures and policies in place to have the accountability. I have tried it both ways and this works for me.
Al

Askal said:
Sometimes I think this whole dual wanding thing is just a "Mines bigger than yours". I understand in some commercial settings it is very productive but in a nutshell I have to say it in simple terms: Trucks and machines are cheap, people are priceless. I have heard all of the pro's and con's but I am a one man one truck operator. Flexibility, personal relationships, and accountability. Keeping in mind you need to have procedures and policies in place to have the accountability. I have tried it both ways and this works for me.
Al

Wrong. I single wanded and had a helper for years.

Well you are right about people being priceless. That is so true.

We dual wand just about everything. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

I hate to admit this but I would probably fall in love with the big truck if I used a V for a day. I know I could bring in 1500 every day, but I can't deal with the complexity of the machine, the noise, and the sticker price.

I really like what I have now. No complaints other than I wish I had a little more room or a bigger truck.

Some jobs dual wanding is not practical, but the key is having two good cleaners running the wands.
It doesn't matter whether you are doing 4 and a hall single story job, a large two story home, or a big restaurant; everything goes so much quicker. How would you feel if you were cleaning and just when you get ready to clean a 400 sq ft living room and hall, it is already done and the hoses are being wraped up? We just got back from a restaurant job. I do this place monthly. We knocked it out super fast. I am acutally starting to see the light. I have always done good, but I am making money hand over fist.

Dual wanding is the way to go.

If you have the jobs, price accordingly, and work efficiently, you will make twice as much in the same time. My weekly gross has gone up considerably. Normally I would just say well I can do those jobs tomorrow or next week, but now I just keep plugging away. I get all I can everyday. I am not tired and I can make twice as much.

I am not advocating buying a 100k plus rig just so you can do larger commercial jobs, but any owner that spends 15-20k on a single wand machine or even 10k or less on a used unit when they can spend a couple thousand more and get a bigger machine that will flat out make money is nuts. I would rather buy a 30k dollar machine that will do what I need it to than a used 8-10k dollar single wand low hour machine. I can make the difference up in a few weeks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
harryhides said:
Four years ago ( pre- Mikey's Board ) ICS had an average of 250 posts per day and now the average is 30 per day.
Could this be the problem ?
Most of their top Posters hardly make for spellbinding or even useful reading with the exception of Richard.

Most Frequent Posters - This Month
Name Messages
Steve Lawrence 46
Con Schultz 46
Steven Hoodlebrink 37
Martin Sutley 35
Richard Chavez 29
Tim Hawver 29

Thats Mr Techno-Viking not me. I realistically have about 5.... :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom