Constant Contact is the only way to go 4 Email Blasts

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No kidding. They have soooo many features on this site to make it easy to collect emails it's ridiculous.
I put a link on my website for people to join so it is really "hands off" for me. (for once :oops: )

They have a desk top tool (not Harper :mrgreen: ) that you can quickly put an email and some info in and it puts it right on your email list.
All the different features for sending emails and tracking opt-ins and opt-outs

Really, if you don't have Constant Contact, you really should start and get your email marketing going.

Here's a link to my site so you can see (and join if you want) my "Join Our Email List" shiteatinggrin
Network Home Services

And Here's a link to Constant Contact
Http://www.constantcontact.com

If you would like to help me out, PM me your email address and I will send you an E-Vite from Constant Contact and that will give us both a free month. !gotcha!

But really, this is just to let you know about the service. It's the best thing I've done for Email Marketing since asking customers over the phone. shiteatinggrin

rick imby

Name
Rick
Re: Constant Contact is the only way to go

I am a subscriber to Aweber. I know nothing about Constant Contact other than it is a competing product. Most the Guru's in the internet marketing world use Aweber. I also like it a lot. They offer a free month also. I haven't compared the prices. In my online business I have made a lot of money with my email list.

Aweber Home Page

Yesterday I sent out 12,822 emails. So far 2,142 of those emails have been opened. 182 of the emails that were opened went on to another link in my email. Kinda cool.

I love the statistics you get back. I only made 6 sales from that email but it was an informational email not a sales pitch.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's awesome Rick. And it doesn't cost very much at all to send. Just the monthly subscription right?

The ROI must be amazing with even just 6 scheduling.

Does your service have all the anti-spam features and regulations?

Consant Contact has a feature where I can add a "join my email list" button to my fan page on Facebook too.

G

George V

I agree constant contact would be a good one but I hate receiving spam so much i hesitate to send it.

have you had any complaint about spam from a customer?

Do you exclusivly blast your customer base or do you buy a list of email addresses?

Does it make you $$$?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Constant Contact doesn't allow bought lists. If they figure it out, they cancel your account. Opt in only.
So it can be slow growing. It's more of a tool to preserve than a tool to grow.

They have a spam button on each email so if you feel as though you are being spammed you can report it.

I've had 1 or 2 report it as spam in the years I've been doing it. Not sure why.
You can opt out without reporting it as spam.

If you have a list of thousands, you can send them all at once. Try that with AOL or Yahoo etc and see what happens. lol

It's worth the 30 bucks a month I send out. I don't have as many emails as I should.

G

George V

Cool...

I went paperless about a year ago. been collecting email addresses ever since to send their receipts.

I probably got a couple hundred addresses.

No idea what to do with them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That gives me an idea. Thanks

I'm going to have Full Circle tell the customer we need their email address so we can do our best to go paperless.

"In our efforts to go paperless, may we please have your email address to send your invoice copy?"

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
That gives me an idea. Thanks

I'm going to have Full Circle tell the customer we need their email address so we can do our best to go paperless.

"In our efforts to go paperless, may we please have your email address to send your invoice copy?"
Or Brian, hows about having the FC girls ask for the booked customer's e-mail with this statement:

"I'd like to whip off a checklist of how to get your home ready for the carpet cleaning. Do you have an e-mail address I can send the list too?"

This adds a sense of urgency to the request.

Steve
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Why not test both ways? I honestly don't know which would "pull" best.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Steve youve had lots of good tips.
Asking for an email , so you can send a checklist when really your main reason is to send marketing material etc., could be seen as deceptive by customers (because it is). People hate that stuff here in New York. Just say "may we have your email. We like to send reminders and special offers to keep our name remembered. Thank You!" Crazy idea isnt it?!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Joel D said:
Steve youve had lots of good tips.
Asking for an email , so you can send a checklist when really your main reason is to send marketing material etc., could be seen as deceptive by customers (because it is). People hate that stuff here in New York. Just say "may we have your email. We like to send reminders and special offers to keep our name remembered. Thank You!" Crazy idea isnt it?!
Good point, Joel. But remember I didn't specify what would be sent. We suggest only reminding them about their every 12 month cleaning when that is due unless they opt-in for our "Cleaning Tips" newsletters.

Steve
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I agree that spamming people is wrong.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You guys put way too much thought into getting their emails, keep it simple.

While getting their name, address, phone, than say(do not pause), "...and your email is....?"

Try that, I have all my client emails, we are paperless now, and we send all their invoices/receipts before we even leave the house using SM w/ the Ipad. No need for open ended questions. We also send them the list, it's automatically included in the first email being sent out, I just tell them we'll be sending over a "check list so you can get ready for the best cleaning", I don't ask them "can I send you a list....", just take control of the conversation, never had a problem with this and people are actually glad.

The funny part is people will actually call or email us saying "we never got the list! can you please send it!" It has cut down on people not being ready for us, even though some still do the very last minute when you show up.

Have known of CC for well over a decade, it's as good as Brian says, and their customer support is top notch, they even set you up w/ an account rep, they call you up as soon as your free trial, have training sessions free, etc. I like it also because you can track everything from it, and the templates are so easy to use. Many big multi truck companies use the service. I've gotten a few jobs from it, clients can remove themselves from the list if they like, and you'll get notified of everything they do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom