Construction materials all over marble tile, any advice?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just wondering the quickest way to get a boat load of small dry wall compound and paint spots/drips off some black marble tiles. Maybe 300 sqft.

Looks like I should be able to scrape them off after wet. Maybe use something like this? http://www.homedepot.com/p/QEP-4-in...-Stripper-62900Q/100194275?N=5yc1vZc387Zbwo5t

Only 4" wide(that thing) is going to take forever!

Would you use a pad, I'd think breaking up the drywall paste with a pad would scrape the doop out of the stone. Don't know - not a tile guru... Yet.

Any advice?

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Scrub the dirt loose with a brush or a pad.
Sweep or vacuum the dust.
Mop with non-acid cleaners.
Pictures would help. If the marble has been damaged then that's a whole other story.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So Ray,

You don't think a 175 and a pad breaking up the (dry)drywall compound will affect the marble?

Or are you saying to use some type of hand brush?

Pictures would help.

Yea, I know... Think Miami Vice, black 16" tiles...... Lots of paint and drywall compound.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Absolutely do not wet anything until you've done everything possible to get dry material up.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
All I gotta say, that is such a pain in the rear...I would highly recommend a blower/fan to dry an area 5x5 first to see your results b4 you do 300 sqft and as it dries it looks like you didn't do anything.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
All I gotta say, that is such a pain in the rear...

Lol, great!

She'll be happy just knowing it's clean - she actually hates the tile! This place was a foreclosure 12 acres on a lake, sat empty for a while. Lots of rehab been going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom