Hoover Vacuum
Kirby Vacuum
Shark Vacuum
Eureka Vacuum
Oreck Vacuum
Miele Vacuum
Electrolux Vacuum
Bissell Vacuum

These are what consumers are searching for in vacuums....at least on AOL.

Ron K

Panasonic is making a good Vac now using the design from the Sharp which I thought was brilliant.

R

R W

The Oreck now boasts a UV system that kills germs and flu viruses. How many Mrs. Piffletons are going to run out and grab one up.

Grant D

I think Oreck must have bought out Halo. According to CR the Halo didn't vacuum worth a damn, so they didn't even bother to evaluate the UV feature.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Yes that is what Oreck tells us, that they bought out Halo

Amen Mikey. If you want a decent 8lb ditch the Oreck and get a Riccar or Royal Lightweight Commercial. The brushes are sooo much stiffer and aggressive and the bags are better material for filtering/musty smell. Bigger fan blade on both so better suction than Oreck.

Oreck is also revamping some of the vacs as we speak and are going up in price and down a little in Quality. David is stretching it a little bit.

STICK TO the Riccars or Royals. Also cheaper!...Better quality...Better pick up....what else do you want??

Just remember any door to door vacuum is pretty much double priced of what it should be. Electrolux is goin down the toilet and all tanks are mainly plastic now. If you want a decent canister. Get a Miele. Filtering is #1 by lung assocation. Better than water/Rainbows and whatever. Ditch the Kirby, get a Royal. Much better quality/suction and cheaper.

Sharp, Sharp, Sharp. Great vacuum huh??.....Take care of them if you have them. Most parts are discontinued for them. Panasonics are ok. Stick to the Riccar for basic upright though.

Grant D

JStucky,

I have a Royal 1028z. What do you think of this vac? Do you know how many cfm's? I know it's a lot, but can't find it anywhere. If it wasn't loud as hell I'd probably enjoy using it.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Just an FYI to add.

On a carpet Mill tour I had partaken in last month at Royalty, it was pointed out that Dyson vacuums actually void the consumer warranty on the carpets they sell.

They don't list "Dyson" by name in the warranty, for fear of lawsuit, so they simply indicate the design characteristics unique to the Dyson, if present, constitute a vacuum type that voids the warranty (e.g. a Cyclonic vacuum with an aggressive brush agitator)

Walt

Shawn Forsythe said:
Just an FYI to add.

On a carpet Mill tour I had partaken in last month at Royalty, it was pointed out that Dyson vacuums actually void the consumer warranty on the carpets they sell.

They don't list "Dyson" by name in the warranty, for fear of lawsuit, so they simply indicate the design characteristics unique to the Dyson, if present, constitute a vacuum type that voids the warranty (e.g. a Cyclonic vacuum with an aggressive brush agitator)

:shock: You buy carpet from HomeDepot and at the same time you buy the vacuum from them that voids the warranty

The real problem with a Dyson is the floating head in combination with fantastic suction. It burrows deep into the pile. I have seen it damage frieze over a very short period in a few months. A real shame there isn't an over ride of some sort. It's a great functioning vac.

Customers love them - Don't argue with customers - even if they're wrong.

Ron K

Walt
The brushes on the Dyson I saw and felt were like Pool Cues they were red and I think the model said it was made especially for "Animal Hair" sold at Ace Hardware.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Grant-

I could not find the CFM/lift on that Royal.

I could make a call to Royal if you really want to find them.

You have the Orange commercial vacuum right?? WOW!>....we sell that vac to many businesses/restaurants. It is easy to access fan blade to clean out

That unit will outsuck a Kirby any day.

Metal switch/fan instead of plastic on Kirby.

Keep a 1/2 inch or so between bottom plate and floor to give adequate air flow. DO not set all way down. Elimantes proper flow and tries to increase agitation and wears out belt faster.

Hand wash the bag often to help with filtering.

There are two motor sizes for that model.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom