Continental??? Not for me

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
6months and my 150ft of continental hose is already shooting out black water. One of the few I haven't tried yet is Parker hoses.

Has anyone else used Continental hoses? They look just like Goodyear hoses

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Parflex.

End of subject.
I trusted you this far with all my previous purchases. Parflex it is

I've got about 150ft of barely used continental that is still good on my reel. I wonder if I should just use it up for the next 6 months and swap it out then

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Because foo's like me keep buying it. :errf:

Its the easiest to work with but heat kills it. Parker is good stuff but I do get tired of the memory. Now we just use it for a year and replace it.

You can cut the ends back and keep using it but eventually its replacement time.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Because foo's like me keep buying it. :errf:

Its the easiest to work with but heat kills it. Parker is good stuff but I do get tired of the memory. Now we just use it for a year and replace it.

You can cut the ends back and keep using it but eventually its replacement time.
I don't understand what you mean with the memory???

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
It has reel memory and wants to make loops and not lay flat. It won't give you black death and develops pin hole leaks instead of a big blow out.
I've only had one blowout, but several black death experiences. I'm to the point to start experimenting with another type of hose.

I think I'll use what I've got up, and buy some parker hoses spring of next year

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
6months and my 150ft of continental hose is already shooting out black water. One of the few I haven't tried yet is Parker hoses.
Has anyone else used Continental hoses? They look just like Goodyear hoses

Get yourself a 100 footer from Larry, run 25-50(50' me) steel braid off the truck then the parker. Quick connect will be outside of the home 80-90% of the time(good thing). The parker hose doesn't like super hot temps. The steel braid is like a buffer for it.

I've had the same parker hose for over three years. I do not put it on a reel, I bring it in to farthest point in home and roll back to truck. I baby it and it has no memory what so ever... Oh, it also holds heat better.

Simply put, you will never have major hose issues again...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If he'd run real hot water in the Parflex, lay it straight for a minute or two and roll it in larger loops (not these real small ones) he'll have much less of a hose memory issue.

If he'd connect the pressure hose to the vac hose, he would never have to deal with it to begin with.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really like my Neptune 3000. Matt, what I would do is buy a 50 ft length or 3/8 goodyear hose and use that as your first hose off the truck. Hook up your 1/4 to that. The 50 ft takes the brunt of the heat and can be replaced when needed. It will save the rest of your hoses. Eventually all hoses have to be replaced.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
I was under the impression @Matt Wood machine doesn't get hot enough to worry about it?!?

I myself only had one blow out hose also... A good 200' out from the truck... I was trying to force my Q/C on the valve and the bend and blew at the end connection... No bend restrictor or anything... It was a shitty 25' steel braided hose someone gave me... I shoved it in my vac hose and went to find the on/off valve I was too lazy to turn off before connecting the hose... :icon_redface:

I do love my 100' Parflex hose and I hand coil that baby.... Make big loops, do the over & under technique and you'll never have a tangled line...

I do also run a 25' goodyear off my Little Giant #4 Heater to take some of the beating I put in the hose...

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I do love my 100' Parflex hose and I hand coil that baby.... Make big loops, do the over & under technique and you'll never have a tangled line...
I do also run a 25' goodyear off my Little Giant #4 Heater to take some of the beating I put in the hose...

Exactly! And... You don't look like a moron ripping hose into the house.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Parflex.

End of subject.
Word.

Drop the mic.

So far, I like the Continental red rubber garden hose sold at HD. Made in the USA and has heavy brass fittings. Just bought two more.

Last edited:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have been using Goodyear/Neptune for 10 years and never had a failure. I run pretty hot now and then;) What are you using for cleaner/rinse?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love my 100 foot lead parkers each almost 2 years old.

They lossen up when they heat up.

I'm running a 405 and a 570 and haven't had any heat related issues.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I have been using Goodyear/Neptune for 10 years and never had a failure. I run pretty hot now and then;) What are you using for cleaner/rinse?
Mostly just water, but about 1/10th of all my jobs I use an acid rinse, and I experimented with a couple alkaline rinses a few months ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom