Contract BY Line?

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
I landed a new contract this past week, which is great so I sent over my service agreement and they sent it back edited. I'm ok with this as nothing was changed except the area where the signatures go. They added a BY line. Wth is this? I'm a sole proprietor not a corporation or LLC and they know it so I'm not sure why they'd did this and I have no clue what to do with it. I don't want to look foolish to my new client but I have no clue why on earth they added this and I'm not comfortable with signing and its MY SERVICE AGREEMENT lol! My service agreement has a signature line/date already in place. Anyone, care to help me understand this? PLEASE :)

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
If it is a big enough client, go talk to an attorney. Many will answer questions pro-bono.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
They probably have a standard format they use for all contracts or agreements. The signature line gets a signature. the BY line gets a written or printed name (so they can read it) and your title such as owner.

Reactions: Connor and Thecrew

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
They probably have a standard format they use for all contracts or agreements. The signature line gets a signature. the BY line gets a written or printed name (so they can read it) and your title such as owner.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was so confused :)

Reactions: Connor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom