Convert 120v wayne fired kero HX to 12v?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Just as the subject implys,
I want to convert my Hotsy 120v wayne burner fired heater to 12v, Is there a company that supplys these type of burners?

Or would I be better off getting an inverter to run the Wayne burner... What is the Amp/Wattage of one of these things?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've run both Wayne and Beckett 12v ignition Kero boilers, and they can be problematic. The coils fail just like a light bulb, and never at a "good" time.

I think Steam Way went to the 120v ignition and 120v generator to alleviate problems with 12v systems.

Mine is a 440k btu monster that I only use maybe once a year. 12v.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Change over to a Beckett ADC.

Yes, they did have a problem about 4 years ago, due to the ceramic insulators not being long enough and therefore allowing the spark to go to ground. But they did figure the problem out and start making ignitors with longer insulators, resolving the problem as a result.

Dunno about Wayne. My experience is with Beckett.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
stay with 110, Ash
less troubles

go the inverter route if you need to
or just carry a 50ft extension cord and plug it in.
You don't need a heavy cord ..14 gauge is all you need.
hell, even a light duty 16 gauge will work..i think you're only drawing 6-7 amps

..l.T.A.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I have 2 customers with SteamWay systems. Both have 1-wire Chevrolet alternators supplementing the charging system on the Kohler engines. The one thing that they DON'T' come in for is electrical problems related to the alternator / burner. What they do come in for is the same thing others do: pump rebuilds, flow switch issues (that universal mount one SW used was problematic), fuel pump replacements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom