cool cuffs

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have never used cool cuffs but i am going to order a bunch. Should I get the swivel ones or the fixed ones? Also, Do both ends fit on a wand or tank? Or Does only one side of the pair fit?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have both fixed with the brass hinges and the swivel with the twist lock, which is a pain to figure when to use what when different fifty foot sections have different and incompatible mechanisms. To answer your first question, get the swivel versions as they work very well when you are rolling up or pulling out your hoses, self adjusting they are. Ultimately I will have all swivel cuffs with the twist lock. They both fit on a 2 inch wand, but all tanks are different and you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what about air leaks after awhile w/swivel cuffs, Art?

I hear that's the biggest draw back with the swivel style

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I like the latch style because the swivel versions DO leak. Anything is an absolute upgrade compared to vinyl cuffs.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
meAt said:
what about air leaks after awhile w/swivel cuffs, Art?

I hear that's the biggest draw back with the swivel style

..L.T.A.
I do hear air leaking, but it seems to be in the hose to cuff connection as I don't glue them. It doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but I haven't had them for more than a few months. I do like how the vac hose is more manageable when coiling it up.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I just got a set of of swivel cuffs about a month ago that are nice. I glued mine on and have noticed some air leak but then if I twist more it goes away. I dont know how they will hold up over time though.

John Watson

I have the old style with the brass slide lock that work great, I was sent a swivel but it doesn't fit my other cuffs. These were a great idea..

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
My cool cuffs are wearing out after about 1 year but I'll buy more as someone said, anything is better that pushing vinyl together all day. I'm getting to old for this work.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
a friend of mine got the swivel cuffs with the twist lock. He said that when there was no suction on the cuffs and he was rolling up the hoses they would untwist themselves and his hoses would get all tangled up in the reel. After the second time this happened I think he threw them in the garbage.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The only complaint I have about mine is this. The hard plastic they are made of will scratch a wool floor if you don't watch it.

Never had that problem with vinyl.

That being said, I just ordered complete replacement sets for my rig.

T

The Magician

Be careful the swivel cuffs are completely on tight or they will come apart.

Greenie

I was thinking back, and couldn't recall a problem with the non-swivel types, why would you buy a bunch of swivel connectors if you didn't need all that swiveling? Not bitching, just wonderin'?

And the swivel should have been on the "male" from the beginning, I see it is now, or am I imagining that option? I just ran the male to the Ti wand 2" tube, it slid fairly easy enough with the hard plastic on the metal.

I did notice all the 2.5" males I got in had elec. tape on them, I assume for a better seal? Since you don't need very many 2.5" cuffs the swivel isn't really that big of a deal.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I noticed that to Greenie. I had one on my desk I thought WTF so I took it off then thought hmm maybe that was supposed to be there and sure as shit they all had it. No Idea why though and I am not calling Joe to find out,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom