Cost of cleaning carpets.. SERVICEMAGIC

Becker

Name
Becker
Average Carpet Cleaning Costs
The average home has about 1000 square feet (sq ft) of carpet. The national average for carpet cleaning costs on this size home is $.30/sq ft, which brings the actual carpet cleaning cost to $300. So the typical home spends around $43 a year for clean carpets, if the carpets in that home are being cleaned every 7 years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Years!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what if we take from our own experience and figure the ave cost for those that actually clean the carpet

Most homes I clean have about 600 -700 actual sf of carpet, about a 1200-1500 sf floor

at 55cents, thats $330 - $385
over 3-5yrs, $110-77/yr

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Seven years could be right if you factor in the homeowners that never clean their carpets or the ones that only clean when they sell their home.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
well only 40% of people have their carpets professionally cleaned. However even the other 60% rarely go 7 years between cleanings. The real lowlifes will move into a freshly cleaned apartment carpet in 2-3, the diy homeowner has a bissel that she uses every month to maintain a timely addition of residue. I think the average for customers that have it professionally cleaned is 2 years. sure some do 6 mo, a year is a round number but some do every 5 years.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I must have really clean customers. My average customer cleans their whole house yearly. They also have few of the most used areas more than once a year.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Market to the ones that clean on a regular basis.
If someone gets their carpet cleaned once "out of th blue"...meaning not a move in or move out etc. or Event Cleaning..
Chances are, they will clean more often if you keep in touch with them.
Send them rememinders (of sorts) every 3 months. After 24 months, cut them off. It's not worth marketing to them anymore as they start to cost more money than they are worth.

If they call back after 24 months...Great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom