Country Cleaning Advise

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You guys that work in the country side, how do you deal with the recovery tank water.

Does your client, that is on a septic, allow you to dump the water through the toilet and into the their septic system?

With high flow cleaning a job could easily generate in excess of 20-30 gallons dirty water.

Is that an issue with the home owners?

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I dump at the car wash & occasionally into my neighbors pool just for kicks...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Are you talking porty or truckmount?

For a porty I would dump the buckets in the yard somewhere, but away from the rosebushes or in the driveway, then hose it off when I was done.

Truckmount, if you are in the country, usually lots of gravel roads, and the drive or yard are still options.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
kolfer1 said:
You guys that work in the country side, how do you deal with the recovery tank water.

Does your client, that is on a septic, allow you to dump the water through the toilet and into the their septic system?

With high flow cleaning a job could easily generate in excess of 20-30 gallons dirty water.

Is that an issue with the home owners?

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Check with your local laws but dumping on the dirt road or in a field would be the easiest. If they fine for that check with the car wash..usually you have to get written permission from them to do it.
Other than that there isn't much you can do except drive 100 miles to the nearest cleanout or "break" the law.
I wouldn't let you dump in my septic tank. You never know what a cleaner is puttin in there cleaning solution. :mrgreen:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here in Alabama, as is the case in most other states I bet, you can dump on Earth. Just not roads and such. There are some exceptions, of course, like not dumping on a hillside where when the drainage will carry the waste water to a body of water.

And, it's not good to dump in front of their front or back door ... common sense things like that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
as been said, Ofer
check your state and local regs.
ground dumping is legal in most states .
Some local municipalities can have separate regs though

for the most part, our waste water actually acts as a fertilizer, believe it or not.
So you won't be killing Mrs Piff's grass or shrubs, if that was a concern

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Part of the concern was:
1) If dumping water through toilet into the client's septic system may be a problem for the septic to handle.

2) Do most clients have a problem with that.

3) If it is, then I really do not need to buy an automatic pump out. Yey. A nice saving. I can waste that extra $$ on buying more CDs to my ever growing collection. And if so, let me tell you, no heavy metal for this carpet cleaner, no matter what the MB says.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
Part of the concern was:
1) If dumping water through toilet into the client's septic system may be a problem for the septic to handle.

if the septic is in good working order, no, it won't damage it.
No more than the rinse cycle on their washing machine.
matter of fact, if they use a top load washer, they're probably dumping more into their septic than you would be

2) Do most clients have a problem with that.

many (most?) very well might.
Because they don't know what we're dumping.
not only that, if there is something wrong with their septic system, YOU might get the blame for it... :shock:

and personally, I think it's tacky to run a hose in the house and dump dirty waste water in Mrs Phiff's TOILET
I wouldn't do it.
You'd be better off pumping it on the ground .
You can do that discretely and legally in most places .
again, check "your" state and local regs

.L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What kinda of equipment are you running?

Alot of times with your high flow setup. We can fill a recovery tank on one house if its over 1200 sqft of cleanable carpet and heavily soiled.

We do quite a bit of rural as well but we just plan it so we stop to dump in an appropriate area.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
for the most part, our waste water actually acts as a fertilizer, believe it or not.
Usually, but with some exceptions. A lot of plants are pH sensitive, and will be particularly vulnerable during dry seasons. A little of that good ole alakline waste water will kill a fifty year old Rhododendron pretty quickly, and most other plants (including grass) arent acid tolerant.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Great Oz said:
Usually, but with some exceptions. A lot of plants are pH sensitive, and will be particularly vulnerable during dry seasons. A little of that good ole alakline waste water will kill a fifty year old Rhododendron pretty quickly, and most other plants (including grass) arent acid tolerant.

I'll dump some on the rhododendron to find out, Bryon
and the 15ft wide strip of grass on the left side of my drive has to be cut twice as much as the rest of the lawn.

I must have "good" waste water.... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
sweendogg said:
What kinda of equipment are you running?

Alot of times with your high flow setup. We can fill a recovery tank on one house if its over 1200 sqft of cleanable carpet and heavily soiled.

We do quite a bit of rural as well but we just plan it so we stop to dump in an appropriate area.
I'll most likely be running an Apex.
Most of the time with a low metered in line detergent.
It is very rural here, so going to a place where I can tap into city/town sewer could be challenging.

If regulations allow, it seems like my best option will be to discretely (or should I say demurely) dump on seeded areas, yet not in the clients yard or vicinity. Not near streams etc.

Is that called discrete dumping?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I killed one of my beautiful pines when I dumped a gallon of olefin prespray a few feet away from it.

D-E-A-D as hell, I never saw a tree go that fast.

Jeremy said:
I dump at the car wash & occasionally into my neighbors pool just for kicks...

I have been dumping in car washes since day one and a few weeks back I finally had a guy tell me I could not empty my water. I tried explaining that I used in line filters etc. I finally just said no problem and went to one by my house. I don't blame the guy. Some local hacks were dumping who knows what and I bet they don't even vacuum.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
They don't give a crap about the hair and crap, its the chemicals that concerns them the most.

Ryan

If I'm in a rural area I usually hook up an extra length of vacuum hose to my waste tank and dump into a ditch somewhere.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom