Cracked Head on my van?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
$1200-1500... Which wouldn't be a huge deal normally but I've made some commitments

my restaurant route was supposed to start tonight.

Looking a getting a second van and just fixing this one later my restaurant route was supposed to start tonight...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Come on Jeremy your a supplier and a cleaner your are making the BIG BUCKS! You should have that much as carry around money...LOL

Mikey P

Administrator
People...

PLEASE take advantage of this economy to get a back up vehicle.

Doesn't need to be pretty to keep you in business.

F

FB7777

get a uhaul or rent some kind of van or truck tonight

we all have times when trucks or equipment is down for one reason or another

DO NOT skip work because of a car issue... you can rent something cheap

steve g

Name
steve garrett
too bad you don't live by john, because he has a rental trailer fully set up with a truckmount.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
you should be able to get a long block for under a grand. dont let them just get a new head, go ahead and get a new motor. check and see if you have a city motor company close to you. they can get you a long block and refer you to somebody that will drop it in for around 400-500 dollars. then you will have a parts and labor warranty. or if you want to go the cheap and fast route - call lkq and have them find you a used low mile motor and drop in same day!

do listen to the other that said to not skip work, rent a truck or van from the commercial side of enterprise should only cost maybe 250 a week.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

LOL I don't supply much to many... Let's face it many here are steamers & already have established relationships. Anyway, I bought another (beater) mini-van, I'll be picking it up tomorrow & fixing the other when I have an extra grand laying around.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Sorry to hear about your cracked head Jeremy. This usually only happens when the engine is severely overheated. Do you have antifreeze coming out your exhaust? What are the conditions? May be worth a second opinon.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
truckmount girl said:
If it's not too bad sometimes a little Dura-seal will get you by until you can get it fixed.

http://www.seal-a-head.com/?gclid=CPah_cPAv6cCFQ12gwodElx3BQ

Take care,
lisa

I never used Duraseal, but I have used some others in an old 4.0 Jeep that had a cracked head that was leaking antifreeze into the oil. They all claimed the seal was permanent, but they never were. They did stop it temporarily for a few thousand miles each application. They used to be liquid glass that would melt into the crack to seal it, now it seems there is a new generation of sealers that do not require draining the radiator fluid. Depending on where the leak is, it may be a temporary solution to get by. Any Autozone or Pepboys has a selection of products ranging from 15-30 dollars.
Keep your eye on the color of your motor oil. Antifreeze will begin to cloud it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jeremy said:

LOL I don't supply much to many... Let's face it many here are steamers & already have established relationships. Anyway, I bought another (beater) mini-van, I'll be picking it up tomorrow & fixing the other when I have an extra grand laying around.

My son has a nice 1 ton Chevy. He already changed the fuel pump, so that's one less thing to go wrong! And he coated the floor with sealer.

PM me if your interested. Your only about 6 hours away.

RW

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well the good news is it wasn't a cracked head, it is fixed & I am caught up. The bad news it still cost me a little underr $600 and has cut into my booth money for the show. That said, I'll still be there my display just wont be as cool...

Anything in particular you want to see?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
makes me thankful i trade with a mechanics shop.....

just take that shit in and get it fixed....gives great piece of mind

Back
Top Bottom