Cracked Radiator

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Boy was this a doozy. Glad I didn't have to do it in a custys driveway : )

ru4yzaqu.jpg

2aqyzypa.jpg

ura4ytum.jpg

It washes of ya wussies : )
y5e8a9eg.jpg

sy8y2eme.jpg

vytyvasy.jpg

evadubas.jpg

8yjyqy3e.jpg

sutupaga.jpg

rymyra4y.jpg

our daughter noticed it was leaking yesterday when I picked her up so we could go to VBS.

Just happened to notice where it was shooting a stream out of the grill, grabbed a pocket light and bam, I had it spotted finally.

I think this is a leak that has been driving me crazy w on off again dribbles over the past few months.

So this morning I went and picked up the parts, came home and swapped it. Timed it perfect too. Not a minute to spare picking up the kid again.

Rest of the week is already packed Nutz fur me. Friday Tyler and I go on the Hunt for Jimmy Hoffa again : )
Mini Omni's freaking Rawk : )

Super simple on a chevy 3500. Less than 10 screws.
Chris

Next is the fan clutch. Forgot the dang wrenches : (

Chris

Reactions: Mark Saiger

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chris...you DO KNOW that fan clutch woulda been a lot easier wit the radiator still out.....right?

Reactions: Newman

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Buy the OEM fan clutch from Chevy. I tried the NAPA and Carquest fan clutches and they are not up to the task. I will ship you my new NAPA clutch cheep if you want it...

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Gotta love it. Tomorrow I will be dropping my 3/4 full fuel tank to install new fuel pump. My van is a 95 GMC Vandura which is OLD so I named her Nelly to represent her old age. Always telling people "she is old but never let's me down". I guess breaking in the driveway wasn't to bad.

Reactions: GCCLee

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Gotta love it. Tomorrow I will be dropping my 3/4 full fuel tank to install new fuel pump. My van is a 95 GMC Vandura which is OLD so I named her Nelly to represent her old age. Always telling people "she is old but never let's me down". I guess breaking in the driveway wasn't to bad.
I replaced my fuel pump a few months ago with 25 gal. to drain out of the tank. While you have your tank open, if you have a slide-in, extend the fuel pickup line for the machine to the bottom of the tank so the machine doesn't quit at a quarter-tank, like mine used to and you don't need to fill up as often.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Butler. No worries with pick for machine.

Gotta Luv it : )

And yes I know its easier to do the FC with the Rad out.

No choice but to do it seperate. Time Restraints.

Jus took the first peek under the rig, no dribbles yeay

J

JS41035

I replaced my fuel pump a few months ago with 25 gal. to drain out of the tank. While you have your tank open, if you have a slide-in, extend the fuel pickup line for the machine to the bottom of the tank so the machine doesn't quit at a quarter-tank, like mine used to and you don't need to fill up as often.

Buy a good gas can while your at it. Your gonna need it.

Reactions: John Olson
Name
Lee Stockwell
I've found out the hard way that you DON'T want the pickup deep enough to run the van out of gas.

I was parked nose down in a Court Sq space cleaning a large 2nd floor suite. Had a bit over 1/4 tank and didn't think much about it when I started. Between the nose down angle and a couple hours running I ran out. I mean I really ran out...truck and all.

Subsequently pulled the pickup back a bit so that if the TM ran out I would at least be able to drive the truck to a gas station without having to call one of my nameless sons to rescue me.

(Thanks Justin if it was you)

Reactions: JS41035

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've run out a couple of times on a sloped driveway but let it roll back on the street and it starts right up with enough to finish the job and get to a station.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Carry a one-gallon can of gas in the chem shelf and enjoy the convenience of a 33% bigger fuel tank without the risk of being stranded.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Had the rad replaced in my E-250 two weeks ago. It was the original with 230,450 miles on it. It is a 4.9 liter straight six motor with HD trans and trans cooler.

For the fuel tank pickup tube, the TM will draw fuel until 1/4 tank of gas, and then it won't run.

I usually keep the tank almost full, so it is rarely a problem.

Last edited:
J

JS41035

Had the rad replaced in my E-250 two weeks ago. It was the original with 230,450 miles on it. It is a 4.9 liter straight six motor with HD trans and trans cooler.

For the fuel tank pickup tube, the TM will draw fuel until 1/4 tank of gas, and then it won't run.

I usually keep the tank almost full, so it is rarely a problem.

That 300 straight six won't die. Bad on gas but they were a workhorse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom