Craigslist ads........

-JB-

Name
JB
Okay, I don't get it, how do so many people submit the SAME exact ads OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?

I try it with different ads n the same phone no., and they wont allow it.

Throw me a bone here.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I found the same thing. I was thinking they might be submitting ads from multiple different email addresses.
I never got any calls off of the ads I did get listed. In NYC, Craiglist is full of bargain hunters looking to set their own prices on everything.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, I've yet to get a call either, but it's good copy writing practice either way, and I assume that the ads in combination with our web address link should help Google rankings.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
maybe their ad is a JPEG which would make it impossible for craigslist scanner to read

-JB-

Name
JB
hmmm, okay, so like a ad copy or photo insert?

Lemme check. :twisted:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i sell a LOT of stuff on Craigslist...
it's BEST to get an account, you can manage your ads better!
If you want multiple SAME ads...you have to change words here and there...my buddy even has multiple phones.....PLUS..
if you want to move up fresh....
DELETE the ad at nite then jus put it back on in the morning!

Name
Eric Valentine
The secret is to have 2-3 accounts (you have to have unique phone numbers for each account to be able to post). Make the main part of the ad a JPEG, and have different text at the bottom (I used excerpts from my website). I could post as many as 4 ads per day with 2 accounts, as each account was limited to 2 ads in the household services section per account per day. I usually posted in the morning and evening, with the ability to do 2 more per day if needed. I had 5 or 6 flagged off ads out of 500-600 ads, and 2 of those were in the wrong classification. I didn't get a ton of calls, since I wasn't the "cheapest price" out of the bunch.

Name
I'm Rick James
JB said:
Okay, I don't get it, how do so many people submit the SAME exact ads OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?

I try it with different ads n the same phone no., and they wont allow it.

Throw me a bone here.

From what I understand is you actual go through a company and they do the auto posting on there. A lot of nut jobs on CL so be careful...

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, NUT JOBS! ( HI Bawb) Ivebeensold shiteatinggrin

So has anyone had any luck there, doesn't seem like a "good" crowd to shop, but it intrigues me.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I agree that Craigslist can be a great source for buying and selling tangible goods if you are careful about it, but trying to sell a service on CL is a different animal.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Goomer said:
I agree that Craigslist can be a great source for buying and selling tangible goods if you are careful about it, but trying to sell a service on CL is a different animal.

Craigslist is better suited to this for example;

Male nude cleaning service (memphis)

Household cleaning service done in the nude or in a speedo for your entertainment while i truly clean your house for you. I will have it looking and smelling great and you can rest and just enjoy watching. this is a real ad and fees are no different than a normal household cleaning service. email to set up a cleaning today. i can send a pic of who does the cleaning when you respond.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
It really seems like craigslist is just a hassle. I get so many spam e-mails and ones that seem out to just get my personal information.Yesterday I actually did get a call but Iit was a waste of time. They told me they already h ad found someone who would do 3 rooms for 50.- and they were still shopping for a lower price! Can you believe that?
I suppose I will keep posting on Craigslist, but I'm thinking I might ad a phrase that will encourage the people who's only concern is the price to look elsewhere.

Name
I'm Rick James
I had to call the cops because of a loser competitor harrassing me and other businesses. He flags everyones account with a auto flagging program you can get online.

So he would call the other businesses with a withheld number 30-40 times a day and threaten to burn down peoples house. He even drove by this guys house and took pictures and left them on his doorstep saying he was going to burn it down.

The local law enforcment was called, so far two people have a restraining order against this guy and the prosecutors office is reviewing what this guy is doing and hopefully going to act.

He is the bottom of the bottom... offering 2 areas a hall for $45.00 in a market that you can charge more than that. This guy would post businesses personal information telling people to vissit thier house, because they are flagging everyone. He would leave fake reviews on Yelp accounts and so on.

So be careful... I dont post on their for that reason...

This is the guy that harrasses other businesses, basically he is to much of a loser to get work outside CL.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/vanguard-restor ... rs-seattle

With any marketing, be true to yourself... People prefer to know there is a real person behind the business.

GCP

Eric Valentine said:
The secret is to have 2-3 accounts (you have to have unique phone numbers for each account to be able to post). Make the main part of the ad a JPEG, and have different text at the bottom...
gimmeagig said:
Good to know you had success. Do you have any pointers for an effective craigslist ad?

Every potential client I’ve received from CL said that the flyer in my ad really grabbed their attention because most posts are plain and too much text. So like Eric said uploading a jpeg is very effective. You can upload an image at add snaps.com and copy and past html code into your post.

G

GroutGuy

I have got a few jobs from craigs, I also post html through photobucket. There are the bottom feeders on there, so you have to try and pre qualify. The cost is free, so how could you not enjoy the ROI.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just got a job through craigslist last week. The people were definitely looking for a good price but they were very nice . So I ended up giving them a deal on the carpet and I was able to do some upholstery cleaning while I was there. I'm just starting out doing that so I was glad to get some practice. It turned out well and I was able to make some additional money on the job,
I had simplified my ad , used html and photo bucket.
Hopefully by keeping my name visible on CL there will be a few more customers coming my way.

lance

Congrats Roxy.

Tell them that you are not the lowest price cleaner so that may keep the really bad price shoppers away.

And I bet some before and after pics, with a description of the job and how long it took, would also help.

Talk about value......fair and affordable prices with great results.

"Looking for a Groupon deal for a dependable, honest carpet cleaner? Well you're in luck. Get clean carpets and upholstery along with the peace of mind that you got more than you paid for. Call now for $____
off our regular price."

That should get some people's attention.

A

anspach

What you say is just as important as where you say it!

How you position yourself in the marketplace comes down to 2 things...a well crafted message and the right medium to deliver it.

Take this analogy...if you wanted to catch a shark, you wouldn't fish in a pond.

That same analogy can be applied to Craigslist and Groupon.

If your target audience is affluent neighborhoods, but you advertise using a delivery method geared to reach the cheap neighborhoods...what do you think will be the outcome.

Rob Anspach
http://www.robanspach.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You act like good customers never go to Craigslist.

Most times it IS what you say. If you say it everywhere and stay consistent. Sometimes being in the "wrong" place at the right time may very well bring success.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom