craigslist and Backup units

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Heavy CL user here.

First place to check for anything.

I always have about 10-15 saved searches at a time on a CL android app that I check every few days........carpet cleaning equip, laptops, tools, vehicles, boats, fishing equipment, vacuums, etc.

Being in such a large, fast paced city, where space for unused junk is often limited, it's usually only a matter of time before I find what I am looking for, as people tend to want to liquidate what they have that they don't need fast and move on, as opposed to sitting on it.

Keep in mind CL is a big haven for scammers, so caution is always a must.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Heavy CL user here.

I always have about 10-15 saved searches at a time on a CL android app that I check every few days........carpet cleaning equip, laptops, tools, vehicles, boats, fishing equipment, vacuums, etc.
v.

What app are you talking about? I was using a similar one for the computer and CL sued them and shut them down.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
What app are you talking about? I was using a similar one for the computer and CL sued them and shut them down.

There are lots of them.

I use Postings, the second one down.

Screenshot_2015-03-28-11-45-54.png

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Reactions: Mikey P

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
What kind of scams do they run?

If selling something yourself, you may often receive a very simple, generic email inquiry along the lines of "still available" or something like that, and nothing else.

Your personal email address in annonymized by CL, but the hope is that you respond from your personal email addy, so then they can spam you and distribute your addy, so always respond through CL and only to inquiries that sound legit, and contain specific info in relation to what you are selling.

Then there are always the "out of country, I'm deaf, can I send you a money order" BS.

Always try to get a phone # as early on in the interaction as possible, and accept nothing but cash upon pick up at a neutral location.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom