Crayons on a cotton blend sofa

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Some kid thought it would be cool to color on the back of the new sofa. Mom is not a happy camper.

Any suggestions. I was going to start with master blend volatile solvent and white cloth.

Thank You

harryhides

Name
Tony
Do some testing with solvent or alcohol and a Q-Tip. If it does not come out completely you can always go to plan B:
If the damage is confined to the back, I'd suggest removing the staples off the bottom to open up the back and holding a hand-tool on the outside while applying solvent from the inside of the fabric with the vacuum on, of course.

Name
Nate W.
Cheapest and easiest fix, put the sofa against the wall. :lol:

Of course, if the customer doesn't want to pay the price. :wink:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When you said he used it to color the back of the sofa, did that imply he made it a solid color?

If he did that, I don't think you could get paid enough for the time and dry cleaning spotter consumption that it would take to remove that much damage.

If it was just scribbles, I'm with Tony/Harry regarding the removal of the back panel. Check for any back coating materials, as they might be solvent soluble.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Thank you for the help. Solvent took it off but was not making the fabric look so good. I took the alcohol out of the med cabinet before I left this morning. Tried the alcohol and many q tips, it worked. Only a little trace left. Finished with master blend fine fabric pre-spray rinsed with spotter porty.

The couch was this fake leather crap that had a cotton blend in it and would show a mark if barley touched it. Ugly couch. 6 big blue lines down the back. She is happy now.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I sure hope that you didn't pass up this opportunity for a great set of before and after pics for your brag sheet?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My camera is broke getting a new one soon. Would have been good web site stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom