CRB brush choice

Condog

Name
Tony
I'm picking up a new 20" brush pro tomorrow.
The rep recommended the brown brush as it can be used on all hard surfaces without threat of causing damage. The black brushes could damage some hard surfaces. We originally agreed on the black brushes though. I'd like to know what the other members on the forum use.

Mikey P

Administrator
unfortunately all the machine were using different color brushes in regards to their stiffness.

I use the most stiff on my 10" for HS and Poly.

Name
Jeff T
Unless they’ve changed them, brushes are as follows:
Black, very stiff: hard surface, everything tile but very high end soft stone.
Brown, stiff: all commercial carpet, softer stone, and really grubby residential.
Blue, medium stiffness: residential, and most applications.
White, very soft: the only thing these are good for are high end wool, and other natural material rugs.
Now, having said that, they ALL soften up, and every stiffness after a fair bit of use will move one step down the line. (Meaning, black will soften to the brown stiffness, and brown to blue etc)...
ALWAYS CLEAN YOURE MACHINE AFTER USE, NEVER STORE THE MACHINE ON THE BRUSHES, ALWAYS USE THE PROVIDED CRADLE AFTER USE.....
Clean the hair and carpet booger’s out of the brushes...It’s a PITA, but worth it for brush longevity....
Up here in Canada, a new set of brushes are 350$....

Reactions: Old Coastie

Mikey P

Administrator
  • PRO35: white/soft • grey/residential • blue/standard • brown/stiff commercial • black/extra stiff
  • PRO45: white/soft • grey/residential • blue/standard • brown/stiff commercial • black/extra stiff
  • TM3: black /soft • white /standard • brown/stiff
  • TM4: black/soft • grey/residential • white/standard • brown/ stiff
  • TM5: white /standard • brown/stiff
1571193890543.png

Condog

Name
Tony
unfortunately all the machine were using different color brushes in regards to their stiffness.

I use the most stiff on my 10" for HS and Poly.
Hi Mike,
I think it is the tm brand brushes, brown is stiffer than blue (their standard), then brown and stiffest black

Condog

Name
Tony
Unless they’ve changed them, brushes are as follows:
Black, very stiff: hard surface, everything tile but very high end soft stone.
Brown, stiff: all commercial carpet, softer stone, and really grubby residential.
Blue, medium stiffness: residential, and most applications.
White, very soft: the only thing these are good for are high end wool, and other natural material rugs.
Now, having said that, they ALL soften up, and every stiffness after a fair bit of use will move one step down the line. (Meaning, black will soften to the brown stiffness, and brown to blue etc)...
ALWAYS CLEAN YOURE MACHINE AFTER USE, NEVER STORE THE MACHINE ON THE BRUSHES, ALWAYS USE THE PROVIDED CRADLE AFTER USE.....
Clean the hair and carpet booger’s out of the brushes...It’s a PITA, but worth it for brush longevity....
Up here in Canada, a new set of brushes are 350$....
Thanks for the information. Do you think I should get the black, and use the blue for soft stone?

Back
Top Bottom