CRB for scrubbing grout lines

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
This question is for anyone with actual experience using a Brush Pro/Strong type counter rotating brush machine to scrub grout lines. What brushes work best; soft, standard, or stiff? I would think stiff, but then started to think perhaps the stiff brushes would not bend as they move over the floor allowing some of the bristles to scrub the deeper grout lines.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a GLS and always used their green brushes. The super hard ones for commercial carpet.

That was before I realized that CBM's suck at scrubbing hard floors.

I know, I know, it makes no sense and you've spent all that money on your machine and are not willing to entertain the possibility that it's not all that good at scrubbing.

So just keep on using it like you want to, and live in ignorance.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I have a GLS and always used their green brushes. The super hard ones for commercial carpet.

That was before I realized that CBM's suck at scrubbing hard floors.

I know, I know, it makes no sense and you've spent all that money on your machine and are not willing to entertain the possibility that it's not all that good at scrubbing.

So just keep on using it like you want to, and live in ignorance.

What the hell are you talking about ? If you don't have experience using different brushes on tile & grout, to actually see which ones do the best job, then you really can't answer my question, can you? If you never tested using a softer brush, perhaps you are the one living in ignorance. And Did I say that I purchased my CRB machine to scrub hard floors?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have the gray, blue and green brushes for my GLS.

They all suck for scrubbing tile and grout.

You're asking about scrubbing hard floors with it, dumbass.

Oh, and welcome to Mikeys Board.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Better on grout lines than my CRB with medium brushes is my OP machine with John G's grout brush. Maybe because the bristles are longer and the machine is heavier.

Last edited:

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I have the gray, blue and green brushes for my GLS.

They all suck for scrubbing tile and grout.

You're asking about scrubbing hard floors with it, dumbass.

Oh, and welcome to Mikeys Board.
Well, you may have the gray, blue, and green brushes for your GLS, but you said you "always" used the green brushes. You didn't mention if you tried different brushes.... and I have no idea of the color code system for the GLS. Also, I specifically asked about scrubbing grout lines, not about scrubbing hard floors... so you are wrong again. Your ignorant replies and name calling is exactly why I don't post here very often... because ignorant fools like you say things you would be too cowardly to say to a persons face, for fear of getting your ass kicked.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Paul I have never used a brush machine for scrubbing grout before but when I see these guys trying to scrub out grout line with these light weight machines on a hard surface it makes me wonder. For what it is worth I would get some 3/4 inch plate steel cut up to fit on the top of these machines to give them some weight then I think that they would scrub real good with a stiff brush. Just a thought.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I use blue brushes on the CRB. It isn't as aggressive as a 175 with a stiff nylon brush due to being able to tip the unit using the outside of your brush to get into the grout lines. But, the Brush Pro doesn't sling as much crap around and does a decent job.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have used white, zebra, black. I like them in that order for all hard surfaces unless stripping a coating off. Use white 90% of the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
This question is for anyone with actual experience using a Brush Pro/Strong type counter rotating brush machine to scrub grout lines. What brushes work best; soft, standard, or stiff? I would think stiff, but then started to think perhaps the stiff brushes would not bend as they move over the floor allowing some of the bristles to scrub the deeper grout lines.

We use the Green, stiffest brushes on our old GLS/Brush Pro.

While it works good you still need to hit some build up with an angled grout brush or metal toof brush from time to time.

Reactions: Paul Demers

C&S

Name
Scott
I've used my brush pro with the original brushes to scrub and it works fine, as long as the cheap built up in the lines isn't hard as a rock. High ph on nasty stuff! Like money . Mentioned You will still need to use a grout brush or a scraper on the horrible jobs.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good to see you back Scott! How is your Tm running for you? What are you running now?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I use my BrushPro 17 for tile and grout almost every day. I have used the standard blue brushes and the stiffer black brushes. The BrushPro works better for me than my 175 and OP. I don't have any problem with it not scrubbing and it doesn't throw any solution around.

I do think that some tools work better for some people than others. You really have to try things out for yourself and decide what's best for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom