CRB machine question

kevinj61

Hello and thanks to all who respond and help me--I am not new to carpet cleaning using the HWE method--i currently own a Mytee M5 portable--Mytee hot turbo external heater--Rotovac 360i with standard head that came with it and also the carpet brush head and i also have a 175 rotary with carpet brush and a mounted 4gal solution tank--my current method is pre vac--apply pre spray using 175 with carpet brush with pre spray solution in tank on the 175--followed by rinse and extract with portable extractor--i've been chomping at the bit to get into "dry cleaning /very low moisture cleaning for both residential and commercial but mostly for commercial as i want to do mostly commercial in the future--i checked out one of those CRB machines at a local supplier who gave me a demo and let me use the machine there in the store--he did demo using both the encap solution and the dry compound stuff-- i was suprised at how easy it was to use the machine and manuver it around also the machine was pretty quiet as well, i was also impressed at using the dry compound stuff
So my question i guess is who uses this machine and method, how do you like it overall, what type of results do you get in the real world out there with it or is the machine really not worth the investment as they are not cheap--can i use my 175 with carpet brush instead then just use a vacuum to vacuum up the dry compound stuff with just as good results? The 175 is like 90 pounds and the crb machine is only like 50 pounds so i see that as an advantage and a back saver as well--also think the crb machine would be great to use as a pre spray agitator for pre spray when doing HWE as well instead of that heavy 175

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
only challenge I have with the HOST or dry compounds is that most vacuums leave a good portion of it in the carpet. Plus you have an added step in the post vacuuming. Ideally you would prevac and post vac.

The encap seems to be the most efficient use of time in Commercial, prevac well and encap.

Name
I'm Rick James
I just cleaned approx 13,000 sq ft with the crb on friday...its not very heavy, i dont think it would do well, deep scrubbing carpets because of its weight. Works better than using nothing at all, I guess.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
with any type of scrubbing machine it is not only the weight but the surface are dispersing the weight. A 175 has the entire brush on the carpet dispering the weight evenly. A crb only has a small portion of the brush on the carpet allowing more psi of presure on the carpet at any given time. I use a crb to pre-scrub every carpet and promise you, they are the cats meow in scrubbing carpet.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yep CRB for pre scrubing cut pile and absorbent compound cleaning (host). You will get better result for most low moister cleaning using the 175. Bonnet pads and scrubbing encap pads will work better than the bursh.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
ACE said:
Yep CRB for pre scrubing cut pile and absorbent compound cleaning (host). You will get better result for most low moister cleaning using the 175. Bonnet pads and scrubbing encap pads will work better than the bursh.

I agree 100%

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the CRB IMO isn't going to be all that aggressive. I think they work great on frize's type carpets particularly polyesters. they are not going to be aggressive enough on commercial carpets or certain cut piles. a 175 is going to be more versatile and more aggressive. I bought an old host CRB machine. for my uses it works great its light and easy to use, however there are alot of times I wish it were more aggressive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom