CRI - more dirt

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
The domain is now SHORTER... hopefully the spelling-challenged will be able to remember it

www.RealDirtonCRI.com

Alright... as far as progress... here's what has happened, and what has not.

Seems the the IICRC Exec Comm discussed it... but did nothing. (And doing nothing is a good thing, as opposed to signing on to get in bed with CRI.)

No comment or word of any kind from the "collective" - but I did get a few angry personal messages, and one nice one. Interestingly enough, 2 of the EC had no clue about anything regarding SOA - and one said the Rug Doctor platinum was the "professional" version (huh?).

Essentially - I believe perhaps... they may feel that CRI may just do what's best.

I really hope I'm wrong on that, and that they dig into the real issues and take some sort of stand.

On the CRI side - absolute SILENCE.

I just watched an interview with one of their spokesholes, and he actually says that SOA represents the best products and service in the cleaning industry.

And he keeps a straight face.

I am chopping up the blow by blow from the blow hole in my dirt post this weekend. The latest post has a gem from Bill Bane on it - [b][url]www.RealDirtonCRI.com[/b][/url]

I have started up conversations on commercial cleaning forums, and installation forums. We are starting to attract some of the "players" in those fields on to the cause. Eventually it will be loud enough for them to listen.

That's the update... have a great weekend...

Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hi Lisa,
Thanks again for all your work on this.

Does CRI represent all the mills in the US.
Or are there mills that are not on CRI, whose products we can recommend to our clients as an alternative.

I, for one, have hundreds of carpet buying clients whose decision I can influence. And together we can probably influence million of buying decisions.

As a group we can have a huge influence. On average I help maybe 15 to 20 clients per year, decide which carpet they buy. Add our number as a group and it can be Huge.

How many carpet buying decisions does Rug Doctor influences? My guess.............. Niel, nada. nothing.

Do we have non CRI carpet manufacturing alternatives? Other carpet makers we can recommend to our clients.

Who are they?

Just like I sent emails regarding SOA to all IICRC members, and hopefully many others did as well.

I'll be happy to convey the above message to CRI.

Got email addresses for CRI?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Bob Foster said:
When does the Executive Committee meet?

They already met - and I did not hear anything on their discussions on CRI. And have yet to see any kind of response to all of the discussion by cleaners.

Ofer - I have no direct emails for CRI - but their website is www.carpet-rug.org

I just got back from traveling - and will give an update here on what's going on in both of those arenas.

I see that IAQA is moving to become a standards writing body... I think they are cutting their ties with IICRC with this move. I'm trying to get the real dirt on that. Considering that the project to fund writing the installation standard is I have heard a $500K project, with CRI paying that fee to IICRC, then another group coming in to challenge as a competitor (an organization that does NOT have the political in-fighting and personal agenda issues that we've struggles with in our own group...) may be bad news for them.

Or maybe not...

I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks all,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what the CRI needs to do, rather than treat EVERY system individually, is do what the IICRC has already done, do up ONE standard way of cleaning and then measure everything by that. Seems all the Gold/Platinum cleaning machines and systems are all from big companies or franchises that have lots of bucks to spend. Hec, Sears is in there.
Maybe its the CRI that needs to get onboard with the IICRC rather than the other way around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom