CRI SOA has led to BETTER machines and cleaning...

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Okay guys, do me a favor and listen to this short 8 minute interview and tell me, does Werner Braun actually state that BECAUSE of the SOA testing, manufacturers in our industry have had to improve their technology?

Is he taking credit for advancements because of this flawed testing? Do you believe his statement that when the testing started, machines only removed 50% of the soil, and now it's much better, THEREFORE... SOA must have created that improvement? =)

http://www.floordaily.net/Flooring-Inte ... Enhan.aspx

This soooo does not pass the sniff test...

We are going to have to take excerpts from all of his interviews and make some type of BS rap video about it, no one does the SPIN quite like Braun does on this one...

http://realdirtoncri.wordpress.com/2010 ... consumers/

I love the part that he is "absolutely perfectly convinced" that the testing is accurate and reflects real-world conditions...

Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa, I assume you read the Hot Seat session we did here.

The guy obviously is way out of touch with carpet cleaning reality. Where the heck is he getting his findings from to make a statement like that? I mean really, what actually has changed in design in then last 10 years that actually effects the cleaning performance of a tm?
Nothing factory installed, that's for sure. 14 inches of lift and 180 degrees at the wand is 14 inches and 180 no matter how you can hype it or apply a SOA lable to it.
A few boarders will squeeze out some extra cleaning power via larger plumbing and increased flow but how can Adolph Verner take credit for that?
How the **** did this industry get so infiltrated with scumbags?

Sent from my DROID2

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Geez Lisa- we agree on something. Are ya still turnin' down my offer of marriage? !gotcha! !gotcha!

I've said it before and I'll say it again- CRI is an algebra equation:

(bull$hit)X (bruan) -(common sense) + IICRC = RUGDOCTOR

Please break down and show your work.

harryhides

Name
Tony
The Issues and Management Team that Werner refers is made up of the following groups by number of votes-

Mills, Fiber, Producers 23
Equipment manufacturers 7
Vacuum cleaner manufacturers 9
Cleaners 2 One of whom is with Mohawk Essentials and the other being Lee Zimmerman.

Now wonder they got so many votes in favor of everything.

From -
http://www.carpet-rug.org/commercia...eal-of-approval-products/testing-criteria.cfm

Five compounds containing suitable elements for XRF detection were chosen with consideration given to particle size (Fe3O4 at < 1 micron to ZnO at < 74 microns), hardness, solubility, and surface characteristics.

None of these 5 compounds are oily or water soluble.

Each compound is first applied to nylon pellets at 6 grams of compound per 1000 grams of pellets (3g/1000 for strontium carbonate). Fifty grams of each of the five compound coated pellets are used to soil a 400 square-inch carpet following procedures found in ASTM-D 6540. Each soiled carpet is vacuumed with a straight suction air tool before it is scanned using XRF to verify the starting concentration of each compound. All XRF scans are with the carpet on a conveyor such that in the 3-minute scan approximately 120 square inches of the 400 square inch carpet are analyzed. The soiled test carpet is then cleaned with the extraction equipment submitted for evaluation. Two wet and two dry passes at 1.0 foot / second are applied unless otherwise specified. Three samples per test are used and the average result for amount removed is reported.

[ Do the math with me here on this - 1,000 grams of pellets contain 6 grams of one compound so 50 grams of pellets only contain one twentieth of that amount ( 6 grams ) = 0.3 of a gram.
As 28 grams equals one ounce, the total amount of soil being applied to the test piece of carpet in total is one twentieth of 30 grams ( 6 x 5 compounds ) or two thirds of a gram !
Your small scoop for mixing enzyme into your pre-spray is 2 ounces ie 72 times that amount.]

Residual Moisture in carpet immediately after cleaning operation.
55 - 69% to obtain SOA Bronze Certification
70 - 79% to obtain SOA Silver Certification
80 - 89% to obtain SOA Gold Certification
90 - 100% to obtain SOA Platinum Certification

Soil Removal Standard - Percent of soil removed after water only cleaning operation:
55 - 69 % to obtain SOA Bronze Certification
70 - 79 % to obtain SOA Silver Certification
80 - 89% to obtain SOA Gold Certification
90 - 100% to obtain SOA Platinum Certification

In light of the above, I find it fascinating that the Tennant Model 1610 - Restorative Extraction Mode, you know the one that cleans commercial carpet at the rate of 6,000-10,000 sq ft per HOUR gets a Bronze rating.

leesenter

Last year the guy who was working the CRI Connections booth had the gall to tell me that the carpet cleaning testing was being performed with oil as an ingredient of the soil. When I tried to correct him he told me off.
These guys appear to think they can just say anything. His name was Doane.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
leesenter said:
Last year the guy who was working the CRI Connections booth had the gall to tell me that the carpet cleaning testing was being performed with oil as an ingredient of the soil. When I tried to correct him he told me off.
These guys appear to think they can just say anything. His name was Doane.

Brother Lee! And not a butt dial! :lol:

Read the Wiener Brown Hot seat and see if you don't notice politician written all over the place. And not the good ones either - the scum sucking , dregs of the barrel, lawn chocolate type. :p

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Most of the improvements that have happened in the past 5 yrs have everything to do with cleaners trying to do their job easier and more efficient. I don't even think the CRI was even consideration. Take a look at the best innovations in the past 5yrs (we made a list on here a year or so ago), CRI was still trying to figure out how to make a Rug Dr look respectable. The more he talks the more he looks foolish.

Bob Foster

Lisa why don't you make up some buttons that say No to the SOA and those of a like mind can pass them out at Connections? They might prove popular.

NoSymbol.gif

Lisa,

I just want to tell you how thankful I am that you have taken up this cause to call a spade a spade. You have Judson’s support all the way. I am 50 years old and was born into this industry and I am disgusted with how this industry has gone in the toilet. There seems to be every type of sucker play and con-artist in it now. This recent audio that I just listened to would be an easy sell to someone that is not familiar with the industry. If there was no one like you to expose this con, they would continue to get away with it. I would love to ask Werner Braun just one question. What has been done to a truckmount that makes it remove more soil now that it couldn’t remove in the past?

P.S.

Did you ever see my video called “Milford Gets Recertified by Judson”? Even though it is not directly related to the SOA certification scam, (which we all know it is when the Rug Doctor got the highest level of certification and there were some truckmounts that did not rate as high) the video is a satire on how carpet cleaners are being taken advantage of.

kdk_0344.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I agree with Les' point. Right now Mr Braun is the one with the audience and he's like Obama with a teleprompter. Any one that is not familiar with all the details would be swayed in his direction.
So where do you have to go to get your voice heard in this industry? Do we start writing real letters to carpet manufacturers? Bulletin boards only reach a small fraction of cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom