Crime Scene Clean Up

Ryan

WOW....

While we're on the subject were do you get training for crime scene clean up and how in the world do you market for it?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I looked into it a few years ago after refering a suicide cleanup job where the guy od'ed and rolled off the couch dying on the LR floor....all the cleanup guy did was cut out the carpet and pad, bag it as biohazard, seal the concrete, and take the biohazard bag to the dump...then charged $1000. Easy money...so I thought....as I looked and talked to more people...this can be a very traumatic job...pays excellent....but I heard stories of nightmares and flashbacks....blown brains, skull fragments on the other side of a room, tissue imbedded into things, etc...takes a special person for this type of work

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Ryan said:
WOW....

While we're on the subject were do you get training for crime scene clean up and how in the world do you market for it?
do a search on google...I'm sure you'll find something...the guy I refered to is nicknamed Dr. Death :shock: by many apt complex managers in my area...rumor has it, he knows someone at the sheriff's dept and that's where he gets many leads

C

cucu

Bee Busy said:
I looked into it a few years ago after refering a suicide cleanup job where the guy od'ed and rolled off the couch dying on the LR floor....all the cleanup guy did was cut out the carpet and pad, bag it as biohazard, seal the concrete, and take the biohazard bag to the dump...then charged $1000. Easy money...so I thought....as I looked and talked to more people...this can be a very traumatic job...pays excellent....but I heard stories of nightmares and flashbacks....blown brains, skull fragments on the other side of a room, tissue imbedded into things, etc...takes a special person for this type of work

Try it for a few years ..then come back and say EASY MONEY..its a pain. and here in ca its a real pain , the money can be good but not easy..unless you don't give a shit about the family or people affected,
or your a hack and do a piss poor job. as for classes you can take .Far as i can tell they there on a par with iicrc bull
for the most part the job is not hard ,to me its all just pizza. but to do it right you do have to invest in yourself and equipment and understand this biz can bring you into contact with a lot of sorrow and sadness

the nightmare and flashback stories are from people how should have never got in to the biz in the first place
brains, bone fragments, large pools of blood etc...well don't you think there going to be there..the smell that's another oops ...(assholes )i have done a lot of jobs over the years and have only caught a smell from maybe 3 of them,,,i find it best to suit up first before you ENTER..

here,s some of the types of jobs iv done . a blood bank which was burnt down, 6 long days on that. A son who died of aids in his mothers house .had to clean out the bedroom he had lived in for almost 2 years. Husband and wife died in a house fire . she had cut her self to shreds trying to brake out windows which had metal shutters on the outside.
Drunk Man and Woman in a hotel room used broken bottles to almost kill each other. that was a bloody mess
A few people who checked out using a shotguns,.all sorts of art work with them.. Old man slip ,split head on kitchen sink bleed out on the floor and was dead for a good week before he was found, Old man died in bed, over 3 weeks before he was found..(couldn't use the milk in his fridge for me coffee on that one) Girlfriend shot boyfriend in the back of the head during an argument.. guess she won the argument ......and the list could go on and on

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Cu ppretty much hit the nail on the head. Our nastiest was a man who died, undiscovered for 3 weeks. 350 lbs when alive and about 150 when they scooped him up. Died on the second floor. oozed and ran between the floors, down the walls and a few feet into the yard. We had to throw away a lot of tools used to do that job.
Al

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have done some but I feel there is more money in water damage, its helped a lot that I have been a hunter and gutted many animals, blood does not bother me

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Puts a little more detail into that movie Sunshine Cleaning Company.
As far as I know you can't just throw biohazard into the dump, there is a special procedure for disposal.

I'll stick to cleaning simple soil.

C

cucu

i had a adjuster who was playing all macho come in a house with me once...she said she didnt need the ppe i offered her as she had seen it all before

i tried to give her a full face res, suit ,gloves etc..but she said no ...and into the house we went after i had put on my ppe....after 5mins in the kitchen she got very sick on the spot

as soon as i got her outside the first thing i said without thinking was..."thats gonna be extra"
thankfully she saw the funny side of it and took the ppe gear , put it in her car and told me to add it to the bill

iv done about 7 jobs for her and she never gives me a problem,and only comes to the job after iv done a first walk through and given her a report via email

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
neat to see the difference from their first job and how it was about the money to the end where it was about helping a person in grief.
Interesting scene when she was in the supply store and the "professional" came in and started complaining about the couple of "hacks" that took a job from him.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had one where a man murdered his wife and 3-daughters. Cleanup wasn't too bad some of the worst area was taken out as evidence.

However my brother told me it still made you think and it was obvious what had taken place and where they were when he found them.

Not for everyone but certainly a needed service, the last thing the family should have to do is cleanup something like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom