Crime scene cleanup

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
My partener brought up the idea. I dont know if I have the stomache for it but he is interested in taking a training course. The class is like $2000 so I dont know if its worth it. I also dont know if its worth the time and cash investment to get into it.

Anybody here making money doing it? Where do you get your work? Any sugestions who i can talk to in my area as far as getting work?

TimP

If you can stomach and handle it mentaly. Then yeah 2000 is worth the class as long as are taught what you need to know to do the job right. The way I understand it you can make 1200+ bucks in a few hours doing a death clean up. But I would think you'd need a small crew of people who can stomach it too, 1-2 more people other than yourself. If you can't I'd stay out of it. There is a lot of paper work that goes with it too from what I understand.

I'd make sure that you found a means of getting the work too before I took the class. The people putting on the class may have suggestions, if not call around and figure a way to get the work first. Cause a class means nothing unless you are able to put what you learn to use.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard that some of the training is sitting thru the "SAW" movies.

Spurling

advertise to the police, fire, emt, CSI, health dept, coroners office anyone that shows up to a death or crime scene .. the people who suffer this type of loss may ask one of these people, "How am I gonna clean this mess up? Who can I call?"

Just my guess..

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
And don't forget the insurers and their adjusters... that's where ours come from.

Sometimes I wish I'd never committed to the first one.

Don't take meat and tomato sauce sangas for lunch that day. In fact, I very rarely eat during the day's we're doing taht type of work.

John

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Spurling said:
advertise to the police, fire, emt, CSI, health dept, coroners office anyone that shows up to a death or crime scene
Contact local funeral homes too... they or Livery Service Companies (in the big cities), pick up a lot of, well.... dead people.

They'll be shocked when you ask about Crime Scene clean up and can probably help you quite a bit... These guys are well connected to the M.E.'s office (or coroner), emergency personnel, etc. Propose if they help you a little you can help them with their carpets.. a little pro bono work or exchange of services somehow.

Spurling said:
"How am I gonna clean this mess up? Who can I call?"
You got it.. the Funeral Director can give your business card directly to the family member in charge of making the final arrangements. They can give your card to the Officer in charge at any location; crime scene, nasty accident at home or business, combine accident at the farm.
It used to be a good old boy network, maybe it's changed some now, but somethings never change. It may be hard to break in at first, they want to see if you can take it. Do a good job for the family member in charge, follow up with them just like after carpet cleaning and word will get back to the funeral director that you're professional, hard working, pay attention to detail, (got to in that line of work).. and you'll be surprised.

Funeral homes are close bunch.. that can be good and it can be bad. Take care of them and they'll take care of you....screw them over and your name is mud.. it's kind of like the Mafi@ :p
It's all relationship building and service.
How do I know so much? I used to be one.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
WJMorgan3 said:
Funeral homes are close bunch.. that can be good and it can be bad. Take care of them and they'll take care of you....screw them over and your name is mud.. it's kind of like the Mafi@ :p
It's all relationship building and service.
How do I know so much? I used to be one.

Which one Bill? :shock:

John :p

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Sorry to disappoint you John... the funeral biz

Too many sad people, crying all the time made me even more depressed.

Actually, the funeral profession has/is being taken over by a few corporate giants that are buying everything they can related to the death business... Homes, cemeteries, crematoriums, casket companies, etc.. Nearly impossible for a individual guy to buy his own place now. So I got out when I knew I'd never have my name on the sign.

It's been all downhill ever since. :)

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i do it ....it would take to much time to type all the stuff about it so
if you want call me and i,ll fill you in 510 734 6756..plus ck your state laws about it ....in some states it is more then just putting your name out as a csc

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
John Buxton said:
If I got into that I would look to firemen for part time help.
an excellent suggestion John... lots of firemen look for part time work with their down time... we had a few that worked for our funeral homes. They are well suited for that line of work because they work in it daily.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sorry not my thing......if I walk in and smell someones guts all over the place ..you will be cleaning up more then the crime......

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Can anyone who has been trained to do this type of work and has done it for a couple years actually provide information on what they were able to make per hour, per job, per year..

I hope this isn't too nosey, but heresay about what "I heard such and such", or "somebody told me someone made $XXX." or it's "easy money if you can stomach it", is kind of dodgey at best.

I'd like cold hard facts, especially when training is $2k.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom