critique my pet urine page

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I have been working my butt off trying to do my own SEO. I need to get my Organic search results to the top as I cannot afford any other advertising this year. I do get lots of unique visitors now but no calls. I don't know if it's web crawlers or what. I am trying to read and understand all of this optimization junk. I am just trying to create pages that are more visualy appealing and carry all of the garbage good for SEO.
Check out Pet Page
http://www.lancastercleancarpets.com/Pet_Urine_Odor__Spots.php
Any suggestions are welcome.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Hey, you're #1 and 2 on google for "carpet cleaning lancaster". What the heck are you complaining about :D

Everybody is going to have their opinion but I think the pet page is way too wordy. Also any words in your page that are not one of your keywords will dilute the page as far as seo is concerned. I would start out with the picture of your pets.

Here's one you can look at that other then the marketing crap it gets to the point fairly quick.
Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful :lol:
http://www.chemdry.com/services/profess ... or-removal

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
As we pros are supplied with the best technology and training to identify the problem areas

Becareful of sentences like these. The overall page is very well composed but there is a lot of excess information. Remember you want to sell your service and while the first part is a good attention grabber, the rest probably belongs in a blog that you could use to drive your website ratings up. Now adding small tidbits of info that homeowners can use with good eye catching titles and links would be a good way to get some of the info across and you can always link to a blog if they want to read more. But when people do research and shop for a CC online they want the info readily available and as many have said, if they don't like what they see in the first 15 seconds, they are off to the next site.

As our cleaning website designer, I'm working through alot of the same problems as well. But the tips above have really help shape our focus on website design.

As your site says, don't be afraid to ask neighbors, family and even customers what they would like to see in your website as well. Remember the website should grab you new customers but it should also keep you connected with old customers as well.

Driguy

your biggest problem is the length. I had no interest in reading the entire thing. The Chemdry page is a good example of decent typography and the length of the information presented.

higher some one to do your page for you.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Reduce the size of the middle pic. It will load slow the first time on many systems.

Infranview is what I use to scale down pic sizes.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
True dat,
but the same search for lancaster, pa I'm not even on the first page.

Jerry, make sure you have your keyword in the title of each page specific for that page. So maybe your home page to read "carpet cleaning lancaster PA". Also have the keywords on your webpage more then just once. On top , in the middle and on the bottom. One of the way web bots figure out how revalent a page is is by repetition of keywords. As long as it's not too spamy you'll be ok.

To see what keywords you should concentrate on use this tool
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

You'll see that "carpet cleaning lancaster" was googled 880 times
"carpet cleaning lancaster pa" was googled 210 times

Albert

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Even when they're bad, people still LOVE their pets. Why not tap into that? I'd remind them of the good times, not the damp spots. They'll still get the point but maybe they'll get it with a smile.

lancaster.jpg

I agree with the others, you have more information than you need. Urine calculations are useful when suppliers want to convince carpet cleaners of the riches awaiting them by offering urine/odor services. You really don't have to convince pet owners how much Snickers can put down in a year. It's a moot point. They step in it, they soak it up, they smell it. It's there and they know it. How much isn't the issue, the embarrassment and annoyance factor is.

The procedure is pretty much greek to Mrs. Piffleton. After the most elaborate explanation it still comes down to "can you get them clean?"

I'd want be the guy they can call to fix it. I'd keep to the essentials, using this page to build hope. This is what I can do, this is what you can expect and this is what I can guarantee. I'd keep the rest but break it up into another page or to and link to it for those folks who want indepth information.

DevilDog

The page is too wordy for my taste but something else that could really help you in rankings needs to be done.

Your title tags are wrong. You want your title tags for EACH page to be the main keyword phrase you are after. It is VERY easy to change these.

As an example, on your urine page the title tags are as follows:

Lancaster Clean Carpets gets your carpets cleaner.

It should NOT be that way. Even though you are on the first page of Google for Pet Urine Removal Lancaster PA you could be much higher if you changed the title tags for that page and also the meta description.

Your title tag on that page should be something like this: Pet Urine Removal Pet Odor Removal Lancaster Pa or Pennsylvania.

Just doing that should get you higher rankings for those keyword phrases. The same goes with all your other pages. It is really important to do this.

You want EVERY page ranking as high as possible for the keyword phrase you are after. If you trying to get good rankings lets say for your upholstery cleaning page the title tags need to say something like this: Upholstery furniture cleaning Lancaster Pennsylvania or Pa.

You are on the second page of Google for that keyword phrase which is NOT good enough.

For carpet cleaning Lancaster Pa you are also not on the first two pages of Google. That is totally not acceptable!! Your title tags on the home page are better but not good enough. And your meta description is awful for that page.

You have a PR1 for that page but are on the third page of Google. You are getting outranked by companies that have NO page rank because they have the BASICS down a lot better.

Contact me if you have any questions. I can help you with some stuff that will QUICKLY get your rankings higher and there is NO charge.

Make you pages informative but make them also have a call to action. I did not look at the whole site but give them a reason to submit their email address and now you can send electronic newsletters.

This site can be a LOT better SEO wise.

Contact me,

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom