Critique this flyer... I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Weather2.jpg

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
what are you selling? I don't think it says clearly enough that you are cleaning something. It appears that you're targeting businesses but if I got an ad like that I would toss it because with one glance I don't know what you're doing.

If I actually took the time to read it, it is quite clever. But glancing through the things I notice are these:

Rain
The carpet is looking rough.
Snow
Can you afford to put it off.
Spring is coming...

The other two red areas after that are too long for me to spend time to focus on. And then I have no idea who Brightworks is because the name doesn't come across as a carpet cleaning company to me, so you may need to spell that out.

Just a suggestion, I would turn the red text under Spring is coming black, and the "Call Brightwork today..." make bold, big and red.

Maybe use different clip art too, those seem too cartoony for targeting businesses even though they fit your message. Maybe focus on them closing the deal in a nice crisp clean office.

That was my first impression, but as I said, it's pretty clever after reading through it a few times. But are your prospects going to be reading it a few times?

If you think this is a winner try it out with like 50-100 prospects and see what kind of response you get. Sometimes you never know about ads and this one may stand out more. So there's my critique, and I'll give you a grain of salt with that.

Good luck!

Name
I'm Rick James
The pics look like they are out of a 1970's text book. Have you thought of abstract/artistic type pics. Something modern and fresh. The text content I give a 6.5 out of 10.

Here is a pic of mine. I just got a new laptop and the original file isnt on this computer. Its printed on seeded paper, the paper itself comes from the bark of a bush in Nepal.

th_commercialletter.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Dang thought the pic would be alot bigger than that. The headline is "Are You Proud of Your Carpets Appearance? Do you hope your customers dont look down?

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Yeah that's a good marketing technique, ask strong, powerful questions to get them to feel the need. And then you'll be right there to fill it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The idea is pretty good but the only graphics worth anything is your logo. Doesn't look professional to me.

What do I know though.

Albert

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looking through my old files I found this one. I sent to 1000 and got one prospect out of it.

Brent, your letter looks good, anyway you can sharpen it up and make it bigger?...thanks

creeps.jpg

Albert

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Anyway, the clip art sucks... I'll find some better images. What about the over all concept, text & layout?

Thanks for the replies. Please keep them coming.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
no call to action
put a offer in there and a date to call by
You have the benefit for them in there

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Jeremy, you can get some good images in sites like dreamstime or istockphoto for relatively cheap.

Albert

Lora Olson

You are going to pay for full color printing...use color PHOTOS...not clip art...!!!

Get some easy free photos on line (make sure dpi or resolution is good)...pictures of snow, rian, cherry trees blossoming...and a picture of a beautiful home or building with cream/white carpets with a guy in the middle (hopefully you) cleaning them.

Wouldn't hurt to put in pictures of upholstery and tile (hard surface) cleaning somewhere (maybe smaller pics) if you do that to help them know you can clean more than carpets!

Be careful using multiple colors in text. You want it to be easy to read. Using bold and italics are usually easier than black/red.

I was the Gen Mgr at a printing company for 10 years prior to owning this distributorship. Pictures are usually the easy part, it's getting the text to be just right.

Saying too much is TOO MUCH and it doesn't get read. Not being specific means it doesn't get remembered. Be careful about being too clever, but make it interesting enough to catch their attention. Most important make sure your company name and contact information are VERY easy to find on the flyer. When you send out your finished flyer, track your success, make sure and ask people how they found out about you! Then make adjustments next time!

Good luck!!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Wow guys & gals great responses... Unforunately I had already done this off of the last set of replies:

Weather4.jpg

Back to the drawing board!
In the mean time blast away!

Name
I'm Rick James
The reason my stuff looks good is because I dont do the work. :eek: As much as I thought I did cool work it was still crap, the best thing I ever did was sub the design work out. To be honest some of us are better carpet cleaners than designers. I see alot of DIY work that just looks really bad.

If you like the image of my postcards, sales letter, business cards and so on, I can get you the info of the lady who did it, she is very good and offers great rates. I just did the final approval for my van graphics.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I have to go along with what's already been said. The images aren't very compelling and it's a little confusing.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
ya know
i'm goin to plug wayne here
he did my yp ad very reasonable
did a great job
give him a call

Lora Olson

Now...that's what I meant! This flyer is getting your money's worth for 4-color printing w/ a bleed. Nice!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
When winters gone, so may be your carpets.
Now is the time to get them done before they are done

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom