Crocking...

-JB-

Name
JB
This was an unusual one.
A friend calls, had photographer-freind over to the house to shoot some pics of his 1 yr old Gracie. A couple days later they notice a blue "hue" where the photographer placed the background drops on the tan Nylon rug; on about a 10 x 10 area. They of course try to "fix" it themselves then call me for help.
I'm certain it's major crocking as you can see in the pics below, Gracie even has it on her socks. It's a shot in the dark but any ideas to help, if you've EVER had any success in such a situation.

185841_1870066187502_1116514154_32232798_6422837_n.jpg

yeah, she's just that cute.

thanks guys.

JB

S

sam miller

So is it blue dye on a tan nylon carpet? do you get a transfer with a white towel? because the socks sure picked it up! try pre spraying it with a citrus solvent and a high ph TLC and rinse with a high ph detergent! find out what kinda dye was on the backdrop warn friendly photographer! Because this is probably permanent barring it can be color corrected.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, I didn't set their expectations up too high, I'd LOVE to be a miricle worker but alas...

not on this one, Gonna go clean for them Thursday either way with the baby toddling around they need a good cleaning either way, so I figured I'd ask. They recommended to her friend that she wash sed drop clothes, but i assume the rich color caused by the excess dyes is what she liked about them... expensive lesson.

But c'mon, Gracie is about as cute as baby's come isn't she?

I may use her in some promo's. !gotcha!

173404_171500780_1575895_n.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Crocking can be removed by pre-spraying the carpet with ammonia, followed by a high temperature detergent rinse with a furniture tool hooked to a truckmount. Keep going back and forth between ammonia and hot rinse until the color is gone.

-JB-

Name
JB
That's just what I was looking for, thanks Oz, I'll give 'er a shot.

Back
Top Bottom