CTI's Color Modifying Cosmetics

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Tried CTI's CMC's today on bleach spots on a blue nylon cut pile that I've cleaned probably twenty times since the owner applied some inappropriate agent.

The six colors seem like crayons melted into small salsa cups. Popped the blue chunk out of its cup and rubbed into carpet. Took a lot of rubbing to get any color and the spots looked waxier than with Crayola brand dye sticks I usually use. Crayolas seem to have a higher pigment to parafin ratio.

Used a towel and steam iron to get the wax out.

CTI's chunk shape is easier to work with than Crayola's pencil shape.

The chunks need a higher concentration of pigment. They're way too waxy.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
You are right, for some situations the amount of pigment is on the low side.

However, I don't think they are necessarily the first choice when doing a complete color restoration, as in a bleach spot (but it will work, as you found). I've thought them most appropriate for blending more subtle color variations. While at the same time making it very beginner friendly so as to make color changes a slower process.

But it's new. I'm sure it will either find a niche or be changed to meet needs and expectations. I noticed that the first change is that they eliminated the white color from the array and replaced with a much darker color.

It would be nice though if they came out with a "high-pigment" variety in addition to the current offering.

AnnieV

Johnny said:
Took a lot of rubbing to get any color
Color Modifying Cosmetics (CMC's) are specifically designed to be used with Pro Solve NE in which case you will find that they dissolve and attach to the fibers more readily.

When you encounter a bleach spot, pre treat with Chlor-X bleach neutralizer. Blot dry. Apply Pro Solve NE and gently rub surface with the CMC. The attachment will become more permanent as the solvent dries and evaporates. Heat is not required.

Shawn Forsythe said:
It would be nice though if they came out with a "high-pigment" variety in addition to the current offering.
Your point is valid and appreciated. CMC's are designed as a color modifier and consideration will be given to a more intense concentration as a separate product.

Reactions: icleancarpetz
Back
Top Bottom