cube van or a regular van?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Was wanting some feed back on cube van verses reg vans.
Looking to add another soon
HAve a 2500 gmc extended once have it loaded its tight a real pain actually.
But cube van can'nt take thru car wash
could make employee wash it i guess.
Wo'nt fit in garage
Worse fuel mileage?
2500 get a whopping 11 mpg
Just wanting to hear some feed back
thanks RD

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have a 3/4 ton van with a Powerclean Genesis in it and I would never install it in a van again. I definitely would go with a small cube van like from U haul.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My next Tm it will be hard not to get a cube van the only thing that would hold me back is the fuel cost. I do think about it ALOT though!

Keith

BRUCE LITTLE

I have been running cube vans for 18 yrs. Some of the advantages-are room for most everything you want to carry,one of the best one is everyone sees you, people say we see you everywhere,that makes up for any fuel differance,they are the cheapest advertisment you can buy. You pay for it onetime & it pays you back every day!!! Cons-alot more to clean every weekend,getting in & out of that van every job will get you in shape fast,more tires to buy & little harder to drive . I like them better than a van. I think the pros out do the cons. But if you want the best of both buy a V or AT !!

TimP

I've been considering the bigger truck also. But I cleaned out my truck a few days ago and it makes it not so bad....

I really need to get more organized. I think I need another Chem rack and a good bag for spot cleaners to carry in the house.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ok while i aonly ran my TM in a trailer and not a van, maybe i dont count....but i did go from a 7x14 trailer down to a 6x10...wow what a difference...now its in a cube van all beit a large one 16'...but i love it and cant imagine anything else...room for what ever you need and then more...

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
For me, the ability to squeeze my extended Ford into a convenient parking space far outweighs the very few times the extra space of a cube van would be handy.

Bob Foster

Currently working on this one for my TNT - the whole works including the truck to run on propane - 40% savings on fuel

Thriftyvanexteriorwithrefrig.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
why not do mix of both, here is what I want my next van to be

http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php?page=product&product=7

it only has one axle and only is as wide as the van, should be very easy to handle for parking and getting around, as well as easy to drive for your idiots. I would only consider the 12' size most of what you see on the used market is the 10' models, you can also get one with a door between the cab and box, this would allow you access to work on the machine from the front allowing you to mount it pretty far forward, the odors and heat would also stay back in the box, allowing your heat and AC to rock in the cab, much better than a regular van

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My cube van is about 20ft long, 8 1/2 wide at the mirrors. There are times when I can't back into a place because of a overhead gate beam, and times when it scrapes the branches going through the drive way, but overall I like having the room to stand up to work on things, the space for more equipment, and ability to have everything I need there.

I have helped friends using a van, way different and more cramped for space. BUt most stuff can be fit in, its just the crawling around to reach things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom