Customer Advice

steamwizards

Name
Rob
So yesterday I went to a clients house, on time, I was cleaning the two lounge rooms and a bedroom. Both occupants were asleep when I got there, okay I said, I setup giving them sometime to wake up etc, they had almost no furniture, two chairs, a coffee table and 1 bed which I thought was odd for a large property. The bottles of sprits in the bathroom and empty beer bottles in the bathroom....well that made me wonder.

But they had trashed their floor with food and drinks. Obviously haven't vacuumed for a long while. I started upstairs to work my way out of the house, the lounge room floor was dirty and I vacumed, and then spot cleaned as best as I could getting out most of the stains. Agitated and pre sprayed. Then started HWE. The carpet has been worn down, there was no pile and dirt came straight up from the underlayer. I stopped cleaning and advised the husband, I wanted to make sure he know was happening.

After the best clean I could, I went through the rooms with the occupants, they explained they hadn't had the carpet cleaned for the 6 years they had been living there, not sure if they ever had vacuumed, they are knew it was pretty bad, and are going to replace the carpet or put a floating floor down.

I left thinking they should look after the carpets better, I don't work miracles.

Today I got a phone call from him saying to come back and take a look, I explained again what had happened, but he wants me to come back and touch it up......the house is out of the 30kms from Hobart I state but I had two other houses in the same region so that wasn't an issue on Friday. He said it was the machine, I let him know I had done two other houses on Friday after his and both cleans were good, and again explained what the issues are. Now he tells me they have to sell as both are unemployed, no income, (explains lack of furniture) .

Should I go back and try and explain again? I don't want to *touch it up* as its not going to get any better I don't feel, they wont pay me for the time either, also booked out solid next week. If it was a legitimate issue and I had missed a section or carpet I would go back, but due to the state of the carpet, their lack of willingness to pay me to go back, it is out of region as well, I'm not really inclined to go back.......

What to do?

Thanks

Rob

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If they had money would you go back? That should be your answer. Treat everyone the same no matter WHAT. You never know just whom you are helping and the rewards you'll receive even if they are not monetary as there are more important rewards then money.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
As soon as you said empty beer bottles in the bathroom...that should've been the trigger right there that you were up to something. If it's out of your area, I would only go by if you have a job close by it, if not schedule 2 weeks out and put them on standby, let them know you'll call them as soon as you have another job in the area. If you do the touch up, just be prepared to have a check ready, because the type of client you've explained are the ones that want everything for nothing and will do whatever it takes to get free cleaning...just be prepared for that, and learn from experience, and move on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom