customer sprayed my enzyme

glenboy

Name
GLEN
on a 3x5 wool rug @ 300.00 a custy sprayed enzyme pre spray and then took a hose too it so he could get it clean . he called 2 days later and said the enzyme prespray removed all color and the rug turned white i have not seen it yet :shock: :shock: :shock: can someone tell me is this possible im using certified enzyme :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bob Foster

So let me get this.

You supplied a professional enzyme cleaner to your customer that you knew was going to be used on a wool rug. The customer put it on the rug and rinsed the rug after. The rug turned white.

The carpet may not have been rinsed out properly however the customer should never have been given an enzyme to clean the rug and as a consequence the rug is ruined.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
What was the product..?
Tell us more about the rug?

Some enzyme products are formulated in alkaline detergent bases for cutting grease these will make colors run on even lighten but they will not take the color out.

There was a time I got a Tufted rug from another cleaner that washed it and it “turned white” what actually happened is the disintegrating latex & powdered carpet cleaner/deodorizer in the rug wicked to the tips of the fibers during drying it kind of looked like the rug was dredged in flour

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm not sure about the white, but a certain name brand company (cough.. uhhh hem dry) Tech used its animal odor products which I believe are enzyme based on our customers wool rug. After telling the customer.. oh I didn't know this was wool.. (it was a Nourison with a very well labeled tag on the back.) His chemicals ended up having a similar effect that bleach would have on the rug. Wherever he applied his product, he turned the rug whitesh orange. So something to think about. (btw, not bashing the company, just the tech who was to ignorant to realize an oriental rug just might be wool.

:roll:

glenboy

Name
GLEN
wool rug

i have cleaned these rugs 2 times before with the same product and no prob i have cleaned several of these same rugs with the same product and no problem certified makes the product and too set the story straight my customer who was highly intoxicated and doing yard work decided to take my pump up sprayer into his garage and save himself some cash by doing it himself
:shock: :shock:

Name
Bruce
Sounds like to me, when glenboy was cleaning the customers carpets , the customer took the sprayer while he wasn't looking.

I have had customers take my sprayer while im doing one room and they emptied the sprayer on another room that they thought needed alot of pre spray , he was afraid I was not going to use enough to get it clean.

randy

Name
Randy
Bruce Humphrey said:
Sounds like to me, when glenboy was cleaning the customers carpets , the customer took the sprayer while he wasn't looking.

I have had customers take my sprayer while im doing one room and they emptied the sprayer on another room that they thought needed a lot of pre spray , he was afraid I was not going to use enough to get it clean.

THAT's just too weird, where do these people come from. I can't imagine for example, calling a plumber and then taking a tool of his and working on another item in the house. Whacky

maker

Bruce Humphrey said:

I have had customers take my sprayer while im doing one room and they emptied the sprayer on another room that they thought needed alot of pre spray , he was afraid I was not going to use enough to get it clean.

I have had that happen a handful of times over the years.
A slap on the hand will normally set them straight.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
PLEASE tell him you are not responsible for him taking it upon himself to use your chemicals, which were formulated for the synthetic carpet you were cleaning, and without your permission applying them to his wool rug. He ruined his own rug, do not get involved and do not make this your problem by trying to correct it for him.

Then fire him as a customer.

I've never had a customer do something like that, and if they ever did, it would be the last time I ever cleaned for them.

Take care,
Lisa

RLitwin

Back when I used a pump up, people would try to "help" all the time. Some still try to help with my Spraymaster, but they can't seem to get it to work.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
wool rug

thanks for all your help and conclusions went too look at rug and i think he is full o shit it looks fine too me way way too much alco hol :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom