Customer Wand Abuse

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Had to post this picture:

wandbent.jpg

Head AND Tube both damaged beyond economic repair.

Angle-Jet 14" CMP with glide.

Larry

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Leaned it against the back of van and then forgot about it. Been there and done that but I've never run it over.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Hollywood said:
Or hit the customer over the head with it? :mrgreen:

Came real close to beating a large dog to death with my stair wand once... Good thing my assistant is good with dogs. The dog catcher ended up smackin' the dog up pretty good. Mean old bastard... (The dog)

I was cornered and about to unleash on the pooch when my assistant distracted the dog, and got it to chase him. My assistant almost got bit a number of times but he was just a bit quicker than the dog. I forget if it was I or one of the neighbors that looked up the number for animal control, but that AC officer didn't pull any punches, smacked that dog up and threw it in the truck.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I tried it at a BP BBQ with glide and 50 feet of hose.

Still try to figure out WHY people think its such a good wand?

Even with the tiny jets the carpet was NOT DRY as people brag about.

In fact I was severly disappointed .

But thank goodness for all the internet BB shills who constantly see it advertised and want to be part of the group. So they all follow the herd.Holes constantly fill up with debris.

POS wand.

Devin Munroe

Your suppose to pre-vac Yimmy!!! Then your holes won't get filled with debris. I told you to stop doing the dog...butt....scoot thing on the carpet at customer's homes, that at least will stop that hole from being filled with debris!!! :shock: :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If that is YOUR case then where is the time savings and less stress on your back?

You double the push/pull stroke doing the prevac AND wand strokes.

I am NOT impressed with its drying ability.

Any "GOOD" carpet cleaner knows how to do proper dry strokes to get ultimate drying times.

But don't expect them with the CMP and its poor airflow tendencies.
Probably designed in some muffler shop to add to its sales.

TimP

In just over a year running a hole glided greenhorn. I have only had stuff in the holes about 4 times if that.

Greenie

I don't know of a single BP store selling a Greenhorn, for the record, a stock CMP is NOT the wand all these guys have here... the clue was when you said tiny jets, the last thing you wopuld accuse a Greenhorn of is having tiny jets.

Clogged holes.....lol
was it hooked to Your TM?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I dont have alot of experience with different wands, mabey used 3 or 4 12" 1.5 tube wands. But getting the Greenhorn was one of the best purchases Ive ever made. I dont have a huge blower (#4) but even at 700 psi I'm getting great dry times while achieving exellent cleaning results. I dont know how anyone can call this a crap wand. Unless there is a better one out there.... ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walrus said:
Even with the tiny jets the carpet was NOT DRY as people brag about.

that's cause most cleaners fib about what dry is.

or...

it depends what the deffinition of is, izz

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
When I get done with my greenhorn hooked up with a bayco and some 2.5 in hose, the carpet is SOAKED!!!!

And then I put air movement on it for about fifteen minutes and it's almost dry, metering dry in some areas. It just matters where the moisture is... Because carpet was initially dryer with my small jet small tube piece of junk wand and old hoses and spring valve vac relief.... It just took longer for it to dry over all because of where the moisture was...

Rex Tyus

RC Eden Carpet Cleaning said:
All I was saying is that I agree that this is a POS wand.

We all know Jimmy prefers the janitor's favorite for his wand. Enlighten us, What is your choice RC?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i have learned that leaning your wand anywhere is a sign of a cc that doesnt care put the thing away when you are done do you lean it on custys walls too :wink: :wink: :lol:

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Walrus said:
Holes constantly fill up with debris.

In Australia and New Zealand, our cleaners clean more wool per cleaner than most cleaners over in the USA I would imagine. The Greenhorn wand has been an extremely population addition (and a lot of the guys aren't on any BB to hear the hype) to their arsenal, and no one complains about clogging. They can easily swap out to hybrid or slotted glides as well.

When we are at tradeshows and demo's, we always carry a variety of 2" wands, and the Greenhorn wand is by far the popular with cleaners. Most people find that it is wetter to the touch immediately after cleaning, but seems to leave the carpet the driest after short period of time, compared to a standard wand.

Oh, and Larry, I send a Greenhorn wand from our head office, over to the other side of the country with one of our main freight companies over here. The customer got it, said he didn't think something was 'right' with the wand, but said he would like to persist in using it. After the second day, he said he thinks his old wand looks neater in appearance than his new one, which puzzled me. I asked him to email me a photo of it. :lol: I couldn't believe it. The freight company must have dropped pallets of other goods on this wand, as it looked more messed up than the one you show in your photo. I literally just told him to rip of the jets and valve, and throw the rest in the trash, and we sent him a replacement. He was very happy when his 'new quality' Greenhorn wand arrived.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom