Cy Gantt passes

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
This morning we lost a great and kind man to leukemia. Cy Gantt retired from Dupont back in the eighties and spent the remainder of his life as an unpaid volunteer for the IICRC and the carpet cleaning industry.

For those that didn't get a chance to meet Cy, he was one of the most upbeat and genuinely caring people I have ever met. When he teamed up with another ex Duponter, Bill Doan, they were a dynamic duo that could replace any super heroes.

Cy was in the final stages of leukemia at this past Connections. He had to sit in a wheelchair but still was manning the IICRC booth. The everpresent smile was as big as ever. When he was brought on stage at the Connections dinner I have never seen such a prolonged and boisterous standing ovation for one person.

Today please remember Cy in your prayers.

Bill Yeadon

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had the honor of sitting next to Cy through the last IICRC BOD meeting in October. Even in his frail state, he contributed his insights with strength of spirit.

He never spoke from "the mill's perspective", but instead from the point of view of the incredibly intelligent and decent man that he was.

We were on opposite sides of an issue that easily could have spilled over to "after meeting confrontations".

Instead, his conversations with me were only those of genuine interest in my family, and his commitment to service to our industry.

I've lost a mentor, a colleague, a friend.

What our industry has lost with his passing is beyond estimation.

We won't see the like of him soon, if ever again.

Very sorry to hear. Our condolences to his family and friends.

1db05372.jpg

Cy Gantt accepting the LMCCA Lifetime Achievement Award and Pioneer Award

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never got an opportunity to meet him, but judging from his picture, I'd have to say he looks like one of those kind and gentle old men I often see around.

The world needs more of them.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Although Rug cleaning has been around in various forms for ages.

Around the mid 70s,the ball really started moving.We are all here,in various ways and forms nowadays.

Now in my early ics and Bane Clene Digests. Cy as well as Bill Doan ,mentioned above.

Were very established true professionals in there respective fields.

they could have easily did a 9-5 type thing an go home.

But they saw something in their an our industries.That tied us all together,(for the better).It was commitment and follow through.

Now there is alot that could be said an written about this great gentleman...

But I think one outfit said it best in 2008...

Lifetime achievement Award from LMCCA...

When anyone one in a chosen career field wins sumtin like dat...Nuff Said.

Met him about a decade or 2 back ,very briefly.A warm handshake an a twinkle in the eye when he spoke.An when he spoke.I for one listened very intently...

Bye CY...We will all see you again ...RIP...

Jose Smith

A true gentleman! I had the opportunity to meet and get to know Cy at Surfaces a few years back. He will be missed.

Jose Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom