Dang Keeping that VAn from freezing can get you stressed!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have had the V for 4 years now and with exception of a couple close calls it has been realitively easy to keep her warm in the winter. 2 layers of insulation on the roof and 2 space heaters on separate circuits has worked. With the 650 last year I winterized her, built a square igloo over the unit and put one space heater to blow inside and keep the gauges from freezing and slept good at night with no worries. This year because of a couple of clients that I picked up over the winter I have been using the 650 for those jobs where they are closer to residential so as not to get complaints. With the taller bigger box I find it almost impossible to keep her above 32 with 2 space heaters. I always take my equip out when bring her in, and the first night I do not have issues because of the "head start" the box has on heat from doing jobs. However (like last night) when I haven't did a job, as I monitor I see her inching down ever so close to 32 so at 7:30 last night I decided to go and head and winterize her. It only takes about 10-15 minutes but it allows me to be able to sleep peacefully.

All I can say is I can't wait till mid March, and the day I can afford a heated shop!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom