Dare I say this about OP....

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I know the OP method. I've used it. I still use it. There are situations where it makes sense and works... only to my advantage.

Now, I have been doing a lot of commercial work. I know that goes into a different bracket VS. residential. But with what I've been running into in health care facilities, or clinics rather, I am seeing the same thing.

I failed to take pictures due to forgetting a camera. But these clinics are being "extracted" for the first time in God knows how long. The carpet is maroon bordered with a grey/blue mix inside. It's in overall good shape. It's vacuumed 5x a week.

The maroon areas are coming out very dark. They are drying that way as well. The carpet itself is looking much brighter than it was prior as well.

The place last week has been getting OP'd 2x a year for 5 years.

When I dump it's black foam everywhere. I've cleaned restaraunts with greasy floors and the crap looked drinkable compared to this. This IS THE NASTIEST dump I've ever seen in a car wash bay. This is a CLINIC....

My janitorial franchise used to get "Monday morning complaints", call-backs, pissed off customers, and so on. These are accounts being served by franchises who clean them regularly. I am just the guy that can clean thier carpets and they have to pay me. I do that with VCT/Ceramic tile work as well.

Rather than the complaints there's been compliments. The home office is confused to why people are actually complimenting when they are used to the 8:02-out of the gate-screaming pissed customers.
So, for what it's worth... the people OP'ing the place may have saved time (I am almost just as fast with a tech extracting), and made themselves some money... but this isn't cleaning carpeting.

I have made some people very happy, which has made my home company very happy, which has made me happy... I am getting residential calls all over the place from doing a good job.

But shouldn't it have been done right in the first place?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I guess some people dont understand that encap is an interim method not resorative. I have a70k sqft office we are doing right now. I normaly use the cimex but after a brutal winter the floors are totaly trashed. I extracted with the truckmount and flushed out a whole bunch of gunk from all the subsequent encap cleanings before. I also noticed that sometimes on trashed commercial carpet you can really get great results if you come back the next day and encap the traffic lanes after you extract. I also agree that you can go just as fast extracting, a wand can move through desks and cubicles alot faster with better results than a cimex or op machine .

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Most of the time my thinking is different from others.....Is it wrong? Probably. lol
But I don't get it when people say that encap or OP is good for commercial but not residential.

In my experience the commercial carpet is so tightly bound together and just a "hard" carpet that you can't get down into the fibers with your fingers...let alone an OP machine.
Residential carpet fibers are typically lose and spreadable (not like that Bawb) and the OP machine can work it's way down in there.

When I'm done OPing residential I can spread the fibers and see clean carpet. Is it still dirty and I can't see it with my face right up next to it? I doubt it.

So I can see why commercial might need to be flushed....I don't do much commercial at all and it's usually nicer "residential like" carpet anyway.

Maybe there's something wrong with me :lol: ....But I also knew Casey Anthony would walk.....I wasn't happy about it...But judging from the TV's peeps response ....I think I was the only one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom