DAY ON A 7000 VORTEX

wired

we drove to the first job about 20 minutes away. It was a large house two story . ran dual ti wands. one went upstairs the other downstairs. Got everything set up and started cleaning. checked temp 10 minutes into job.The truck was reading 200. An hour into the job went back out to check temp 220 . I was not impressed. Maybe 170 at the wand. He had 2inch hose and the vac was so so. Carpet was pretty wet again not impressed. I put my order in for a new vortex but have second thoughts. I have a Butler now and it has been a very good truck. I am thinking that I should look into a new Butler with the high heat option and going with 2 and half in. hose . I would like to here from people who have a vortex and people who have a new Butler with the high heat. This a large investment and want to make the right one . Thanks :

Mikey P

Administrator
I can tell you right now that thing has a faulty Exhaust Diverter. It's letting some of the exhaust by instead of to the lower HX.

Who ever owns it should call BL on Monday for advice and possible replacement.t.

If he was running 2 inch hose from the truck and only had "so so" vacuum, either his HG was set too low, his RPMs were not at 1700 or his filter was plugged.

wired

Mike, I told terry that something was wrong. He said that 220 was as high as it would go. I told him he should call BL or talk to you. I gave him your phone number. I was at the fest and that vortex was 280. I would like to see the temp at 210 at the wand for better cleaning and better dry time He said he has 2 and half inch hose but has not had the time to put it in . I think that would make a big difference.

G

Wired,

You rode in the wrong truck. The AT heats up much quicker. The Vortex's do take a while to heat up.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
why does everyone think it takes so long

mine is hot when I get there and I don't sit there and heat mine I am less then a 1/4 of the way threw a room and I am already throwing steam........... (in the desert) what more could you want.........

G

Jim,

I think in Arizona it wouldn't make a difference. I thought my Vortex's were great until I got the at and found out just how fast they heat up.
I am not going to go into all the reasons on this board.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am sure yours heats up fast

all I am trying to say is that unless there is a problem.it is not a slow as everyone makes it sound

wired

I looked at the Aero Tech in Las Vegas as well as the Vortex and my biggest complaint was the noise. Vortex I think has done a good job with this on there new truck at mikefest. Has AT taken care of this problem. I also looked at the new Butler . he seemed like this is what we have take it or leave it .

Name
Kevin McCreary
what was the oil temp set at? if you are using 2 6 jet ti wands=12 jets at .09 each or more @ 400-500psi I don't think too many truckmounts can keep up with 220 degrees. I can hit 260 atm in the right conditions with a ti wand .12 on my 7000 on a 50% duty cycle using single wands. Just to let you know I currently have 300 hours on mine and mostly single wanding and my $$$$$ are up but any other machine I would have exactly twice the amount of hours. In my mind that = lower operating costs and more time and money for my family. Or more Jobs. Do the math. The machine is inexpensive!
Kevin

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
the new V is a different beast than the others. You will be impressed with the heat. All the new Vs are like the one you saw at Mikeyfest. Quieter with tons more heat.
I ran the new V at Mikeyfest. After 15 min. of running it. ( not driving it at all) with cool water in the tank we did a heat test. We ran a 012 TI wand at 500 psi for 8 min. straight never letting go of the trigger and we could not get it to drop below 236 at the truck. Plus we only had the oil temp set at 270.
BL has got it dialed in. You will be happy with your new truck.

Greenie

"All the new Vs are like the one you saw at Mikeyfest. Quieter with tons more heat."

Does this include the 6008 or just the 7000?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I was at BL last week, you can order anything you want. When I was there a guy was having a heater put in the box and had the walls lined with wood. If you want it it can be done.

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
You asked for Butler high heat people so here I am.

I love it but I don't dual wand I use a CMP 5 jet wand from Greenie that has .10 flow and in about 3 minutes I'm at 240 degrees and it just stays there. That's when the weather has always been 50 degrees and colder I'm sure it will be more like 250 or so when the weather warms up a bit. With my Butler wand the needle is buried w a y past 240. Steam is flying regardless in about 3 keys of the wand. It's s w e e t !!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
With an old falling apart Hydromaster Max I was getting 205-210 degrees to the wand off of a 230 degree heat exchanger (Poorly taken care of machine with 5600Hrs.) I don't see how other machines lose so much heat... I haven't tested my white magic yet though. (New company)

Greenie

We've yet to have someone running 03 jets on a Greenhorn wand, I'll have to see if I can send one out this week with 015 flow.

Rex Tyus

If I can find a 2.5" upgrade manifold for my cleanco :p I would GLADLY switch my Greenhorn to 03's and report back.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Greenie said:
We've yet to have someone running 03 jets on a Greenhorn wand, I'll have to see if I can send one out this week with 015 flow.

You looking for a vollie?????

Do the 5 jets come with a wand attached? :lol:

If so, I'm putting my hand up?

Would love a new wand but tax time blah blah blah going into winter blah blah blah had a full time tech leave and training a new tech blah blah blah

John

Greenie

John, just jet up your Prochem, or that POS WestPak that came with your Geni. See what Gary has in stock, if he's light tell him you want some 11103s, He has an order heading down anyways could always throw em in the box.

Greenie

Well Steve, I'm not as smart as Ken Harris, but you might have a point, where is that flow "wall" with 1/4" hose, is it 018, or 020 or maybe 025?

Since all wands have small solutions lines from valve to jets, it makes sense that at some point the jets flow will exceed the wands plumbing and valve capacity, correct?

I makes no sense to run big hose if the jets have limited capacity.

Thank gawd it's carpet cleaning and not rocket science.

-JB-

Name
JB
So G,

When are you gonna work up a high flow friendly, hose, valve, wand set up?

Signed,

One Bad Mother Flooder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom