Daycare Centers

John Buxton

I dont spray anything extra. I prescrub and post bonnet with a 175, truckmount extract in between. If they asked for something I would spray Benefect, you can drink that stuff.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Why are you asking?

Give me a scenario or scope of work.

I thought it would help differentiate a company apart from the others to offer some type of "baby safe" dissinfecting. Kinda give you a marketing advantage over your competition by including this service in your cleaning, especially during cold and flu season. But, it would have to be something "extemely safe" to use in this environment.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I offer such services to children's facilities. We apply microban blue label hospital to all carpets cleaned. We don't speed dry anycarpets that we apply microban to insure proper application. For the few customers that request it, pay a premium for the service. I use microban because it is EPA reGistered and is proven in such facilities as hospitals and clinics.

We apply with ulv fogger right after we clean the carpet. Very simple to perform and with the blue label microban, it is a quaternary disinfectant that does not need to be cleaned or wiped up after application.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Any microorganism that would be found on a carpet, would be very sensitive to any ph change. Microorganisms can't survive a rapid ph change, so any prespray well above a neutral ph will likely wipe out most threats. Regardless of the treatment, 24 hours later it's again covered in boogers and drool, and microorganisms will begin to thrive again. Control would require a daily application.
In reality, I think any treatment to a carpet is useless, but I am not saying don't offer it and charge for it if someone wants it. !gotcha!

Walt

Benefect is EPA rated. Buts very expensive. 40 bucks a gallon Ready to use can get expensive quick. Additionally it's not odor free. That said I have a couple of gallons on the truck.

Most daycares that I've worked with assume that the cleaning kills viruses and bacteria. Personally I add a cup of peroxide to the mix. Peroxide can be labeled as a "green" brightener. It is also an effective disinfectant in the right situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom