dead body cleanup???

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have done a few of these, but mainly just went in and threw everything out, what I am wondering is

what is involved in getting rid of the odor

does insurance cover the damage

how do you know what to charge

any other tips would be helpful

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
steve g said:
I have done a few of these, but mainly just went in and threw everything out, what I am wondering is

what is involved in getting rid of the odor

That depends on how long the body was there. Contaminated contents removal, cleaning and sanitizing of all affected surfaces. Possible sealing and painting.

does insurance cover the damage

It's a case by case basis.

how do you know what to charge

More than you charge for any other service that you provide. We charge minimum $400 plus materials and contents removal.

any other tips would be helpful

Have at least two techs on every job. It can get depressing doing these alone.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
We charge about double on labour, and everything else on chaerge up. EG for disposal, I have to make special arrangements with the facility to go at the close of a day, follow the digger up to the back of beyond, wait while they dig a hole and then offload all contaminated goods into the hole and all must covered with at least 8' of soil.

They charge heaps and I charge heaps more for the stuff around factor.

Agree on the 2 tech team, but I never go more.

All of mine, have been covered under insurance.

We tend to gut out basically everything that can be, including wall paper, light fittings, all floor coversing regardless of installation and then a thorough cleaning and sanitising of the whole area. Normally that alone, combined with forced air exchanges while working is enough for most odours.

Most of the jobs we've done have been found fairly quickly so I'm yet to come across a bad odour one.

I hate them, but for some reason, we've got the name for doing them in the region. I don't know if anyone else is doing them. but thankfully we only got one a year max.

John

Back
Top Bottom