Dead laser syndrome.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My laser measuring device (thingie) died. Well....it started taking it's time reaching decisions.
I click it, the beam hits the wall, makes that clicking sound and five seconds later it gives me a reading...............or an error message.

Five seconds! You got to be kidding. Had I ever whipped my Windsor out from its dust collecting corner in the van, I'd be practically done vacuuming!

So out with the old Kobalt:
th?id=JN.5Tlxke66ITo8fBrAT7iEDQ&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=140&h=105.jpg

And in with the new Dewalt:
41tbEkgcvvL._AA160_.jpg

Is it more durable? Any better?

Damn. I really don't want to whip the Windsor out.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Did you try wiping off the two optical windows on the old one? Accumulated smudges, dust and grime could have been the culprit.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Did you try wiping off the two optical windows on the old one? Accumulated smudges, dust and grime could have been the culprit.
These things never even occur to me :redface:
I'll go right out and spit (mine is CRI approved) on these windows, wipe, shoot a beam and report.

Reactions: dgardner

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have the Bosch too and it works great.

Once a year -maybe- I need to change the batteries and it's good to go.

Name
Nate W.
Leica Disto D2........... Because 130' is too short for me.... Plus I like the slimness and rolling total it does for me....

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have a measuring wheel in lime green. Chirps like a canary and makes a buzzing sound whenever the gears grind.

I think of it as a mini-skillset and intend to wrap it around the next damty chihuahua that mistakes my ankle for a chewy bone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom