Deal of the day discontinued

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Deal of the Day Discontinued
d1_pixy_v1.gif
pixel.gif

Dear Deal of the Day Merchant,

We want to inform you that, effective September 30, 2012, YP will no longer offer Deal of the Day at YP.com to consumers. This being the case, YP will not be accepting any new deals from merchants effective immediately.

YP will continue to run any of your deals as scheduled, and will make the payments due to you per the terms of your Deal of the Day Agreement. For these and any other deals for which outstanding vouchers are held by consumers, please note that you will remain obligated to provide the goods or services described and redeemable in the deal pursuant to the terms of your Deal of the Day Agreement and for the amount of time required by applicable law.

We want to thank you for your participation in this program and let you know that we value your business. If you have any questions regarding Deal of the Day please feel free to contact us at deals_advertiser@yp.com.

While we will no longer offer Deal of the Day at YP.com, we do look forward to continuing to assist your business in growing. In the coming weeks a YP sales representative will reach out to you to discuss how we can work together to generate leads for your business through YP's wide range of print and digital advertising products which are designed to address evolving marketing needs related to awareness, promotional and digital presence.

Learn more about YP's advertising solutions at adsolutions.yp.com where you can also claim your YP.com business listing. You can add your business description, contact information, upload photos, add business hours, payment options and even create a free coupon that can be discovered on YP.com and YPmobile apps when customers search for businesses in your area.

Thank you for choosing YP.

Sincerely,
YP, formerly AT&T Advertising Solutions

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Yp.com was probally losing money with it. The deal of the day craze will be done by next year. I did a bunch of these deals just to fatten up my customer base list. When these deals websites are done, I am going to have 1,500 customers to email, mail post cards and to call 2 times a year. I think alot of the daily deal sites are running out of companies to use them more than once. There are only so many business to sell to they will run out soon. My preditction 1 more year.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I think it is hard getting vendors that will honor the deal with quality service.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Every deal I ran with them didn't do very much at all. My deals were always a little higher priced with YP and I just wasn't happy with their service.

I don't think they could could compete with Living Social and Groupon.

I'm with John, I don't think the deal of the day programs will be around in a year..... At least not they way they've done them in the past.

I just got denied a Living Social feature for the Dallas area because our complaint and returned voucher ratio was too high (I only set them up now, I don't work them). Whattyagonnado?

For the most part, most companies can't sustain the quality that comes with a low price.... Only the few, well structured ones.

That's why most carpet cleaners hate the deals. Most are willy nilly, non structured, don't know their own costs etc.... and the deals scare them.

It's not a dig or an insult... It's just the way it is.

I know too many carpet cleaners to think other. Great people, do great work (most)...But they don't know their costs enough to be able to offer a front end deal.

I would imagine most small service based companies are the same.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Define well-structured.

Brian what % of those groupon/living social customers bought from you again at full retail ?

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
This past year 2012 I ran alot of living social and groupon deals. sold aprox 700 of them. So far I would say I have counted 30 repeats at full price and 12 refferals all at full price. These are repeats that have not been a year anniversary cleaning. Out of the 700 if I retain 75 of them as good customers I will be happy. I am going to do 2 more daily deals for this year 2012. My goal was to get to 1,000 names in my data base and then give them the sales pitch. I am going to carry out my goal and see what happens. I do not like the daily deals at all, I want them to go away, but I will use them for everything I can right now , just as they are using me.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I sent out an email blast today to all my daily deal customers I have done in the past. I have about 400 emails. Every job we do we get their email address. I hope I get 5 jobs from this small email blast. I just keep pounding the marketing and hope to build a nice business in 3 years from now.
Hello
I would like to schedule an appt pls. You've cleaned my small area plush carpeting before and did a great job. Please let me knw if your able to reschedule an appt with us.
Thank you
Atiya

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Define well-structured.

I won't go over the entire definition because it's too lengthy. I will say that being well structured enough to keep your overhead low and your ad ons up. If you're going into one of these deals expecting to make money by just doing what's on the voucher, you'll lose.

It's getting the opportunity to be in front of a customer... That's what the deals are all about.

Brian what % of those groupon/living social customers bought from you again at full retail ?

I don't track it anymore Hoody. I just set up the deals and the cleaners clean... It's up to them to schedule, track, market to etc.

I'm just a middle man at this point.
I don't answer phones or deal with complaints.

F

FB7777

I have a customer that purchased Air Duct cleaning for $39 from Groupon :eekk:

She asked me if I knew the company, told her no. I did let her know who I recommend and what I'd entailed to properly cleaning her ductwork.

Also let her know the company I recommend wold be there for 3-4 hours and would cost approx $400-500

Coupons and % off discounts are one thing, but too many of the offers are Bait n Switch which may generate lots of interest but eventually destroys the concept

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have a customer that purchased Air Duct cleaning for $39 from Groupon :eekk:

She asked me if I knew the company, told her no. I did let her know who I recommend and what I'd entailed to properly cleaning her ductwork.

Also let her know the company I recommend wold be there for 3-4 hours and would cost approx $400-500

Coupons and % off discounts are one thing, but too many of the offers are Bait n Switch which may generate lots of interest but eventually destroys the concept

Not many companies are going to just throw their entire price list and menu out in an ad. I didn't see the air duct cleaning ad so I don't know... Or care.

Most companies with offer their best deal. And it's almost always going to be a teaser for what they really want to sell you.... That's what coupons/groupons are for.

Is that bait n switch?

We offered 3 room deals..But we wanted the whole house with all the extras...But we didn't put it in the ad or we would have nowhere to go.

Plenty of bait n switchers... But you can't blame the advertiser. The advertiser can't be savvy to every industry and police them on the deals they run.

But Groupon gets/got a bad name because they pushed for the best deal and the companies had to live up to them.

At least they're keeping track of the complaints and using that in their decision making for next time.

Whattyagonnado?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom