Dealing with mgmt comp water restor.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
who is responsible for the restoration of the structure when dealing with a mgmt company, they are responsible for large amount of property and not looking to spend $$$$ at what point does the restorer become personally liable.

Most just want water extracted and throw in a few blowers 3 DAYS and they call it dry.

The black water is one area IM not really willing to step in b/c fo the health risk the occupants are put in. worried there that some one would come after me.

What is your knowledge and experience with this???

thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It can get sticky and you could get tangled up in a problem at any point when dealing with someone other than the owner.

However if you do your due diligence and inform the property manager of the potential problems then you can lower the odds in your favor. I would leave a paper trail, verbal conversations can be forgotten. Have a non conpliance signed that states they are aware of potential problems but chose not to do as you have suggested. That will help reduce your liability, but you can always be sued by anyone for anything.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I can't think of much more to add. If you're going to get into this arena of the restoration world it gets tough. You'll want to walk on some jobs just because of your morals. I know I have quite a few times. I don't care that we have a hold harmless paper for them to sign, when it comes to general principals and morals, dont second guess yourself or gut instinct.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I can't think of much more to add. If you're going to get into this arena of the restoration world it gets tough. You'll want to walk on some jobs just because of your morals. I know I have quite a few times. I don't care that we have a hold harmless paper for them to sign, when it comes to general principals and morals, dont second guess yourself or gut instinct.

let me ask you, 'Dink, since you mentioned "morals" ....would it be morally right to walk away knowing that you could improve the tenant's environment "somewhat", but if you walked, the maintenance man with a shop vac would be the alternate ?

doing things "by the book" would be preferred, but sometimes the book has to be thrown out ..or at least a few pages skipped ..
cause real life scenarios aren't always so cut and dried as the book writer or teacher may insist

naw'mean?
that's how one of my hillbilly friends says "know what I mean"

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom