Death is always ugly

I just returned from a sad estimate. Homeowner had a very sick dog, just put down. Vomit and diarrhea everywhere. The living room and kitchen are parquet. The 2nd bedroom was carpeted. The dog was not allowed in the 1st or last bedroom. Long distance commuter. 43% of our county's workforce does not work in this county. The price you pay to make $55-60k instead of $30-35k is 1.5 to 2 hours commute each way. They get home late, go right to bed and out the door early. I think that's a problem of my business too.
But I feel bad for this guy. No way to really deal with it until Saturday AM. A long time and too cool to open many windows up. Seems whenever I go into a house where there is a death involved, it is always a ugly mess.

Mike Draper

Got a call from my custy. She was at the hospital with her husband who had just fallen down the stairs at their home. He cut his head pretty bad and she needed me to go over and clean the blood up. I cleaned and left some dri-pods. Went over couple days later to get the fans. Husband passed away. Life is always throwing curveballs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just returned from a sad estimate. Homeowner had a very sick dog, just put down. Vomit and diarrhea everywhere. The living room and kitchen are parquet. The 2nd bedroom was carpeted. The dog was not allowed in the 1st or last bedroom. Long distance commuter. 43% of our county's workforce does not work in this county. The price you pay to make $55-60k instead of $30-35k is 1.5 to 2 hours commute each way. They get home late, go right to bed and out the door early. I think that's a problem of my business too.
But I feel bad for this guy. No way to really deal with it until Saturday AM. A long time and too cool to open many windows up. Seems whenever I go into a house where there is a death involved, it is always a ugly mess.
My brother worked in DC for 10-years the commute on the weekend took 20-minutes, during the week took him 1.5 hours one way. :eekk:

He loved that there was so much to see and do on the weekends but no time to do anything else during the week. He moved back to KC just to raise his family and get away from the rat race some and has been here for the last 15-years.

I feel for you guys in the big city! I know you do have many many benefits but I personally don't have the patience for traffic and long lines. :icon_neutral:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom