Dedicated Spot Machine

CapeCleaner

For those who carry a dedicated spot machine (PowerX, Spot-Xtract, etc), has it been worth the investment?

If worth the investment, what type did you purchase? Would you make the same purchase or try a different machine?

Thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We have the 3 gallon spooter from Jon don. It was among the first purchases we made. Maybe it was done in ignorance, but it does work very very well for spotting situations as well as for detailing fringe. You can use it for limited upholstery cleaning as well but not for delicate fabrics unless you are using to extract the shampoo or dry foam. Would we purchase one again knowing what we know now? We would probably get a larger porty for its versatility, such as the mytee tested at MF, but the portability is hard to beat. Just depends on how many individual spotting calls you get I suppose.

John Watson

We had the small castex spotter which served it's purpose well. When I used to pre-estimate every job I would use it when I would get asked "Can you get this out" or on the occasianal wickback. As an IICRC Inspector I used it many times. It saved streching out hoses or sending out a truck many times.

No room to carry it in the Van, Helen and I set up and take down like a well oiled machine.

If we were still pre-estimanting or had crews I would still have one. We don't think it we could save that much time with it now. Only needed about 1-2 times a year.

After using for 10 or so years, went to use it last year and found a brass fitting froze and split, Never winterized before, repaired and Sold..

Name
Nate W.
I guess it's just different markets, but we use ours a lot. We have 2 of them, we normally use 1 at least 2 a week. Great for warranty work or spot dyeing. Also good for demos if you have a potential prospect looking into your services. Depends on what your services include.

My .02 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom