Deep ink stain in the middle of the room.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just cleaned a really filthy house(light green nylon) dog pee grease and unidentifiable stains everywhere.I really didn't want the job so I bid it high, but I got it anyway. I used Grease eraser, with some boosters and liquid slurry instead of my usual acid rinse and it really turned out well except.......
There was a small black stain in the middle of the living room and when I rinsed it turned big and blue. So I tried various solvents (Pro's choice Power solve was the one that worked best) and tried to blot it up, using up a whole bunch of rags. It seemed there was an endless reservoir of ink deep in the pad.
I eventually gave up on trying to get it all out and vacuumed as much moisture as I could out of the stain and then used a solvent to wipe the top layer of the carpet clean.Sort of the sides of the fiber. It ended up not being horrible but still, I wish I could have gotten it out. There were so many stains on that carpet that I just didn't notice this one. It might have even been magic marker, I don't know. The client was very happy with the outcome of the cleaning so I got lucky.
What do you guys do in a situation like this or how do you avoid it?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you notice or know of any ink stains.... take stain magic and surround the stain first with it. That way when any water hits it, it won't spread like what happened to you, and if it does spread to the stain magic you'll be able to rinse it out.

Globs of ink are a pain to get out. Next time try taking an upholstery or hand tool - and put it on one edge of the ink with just the vacuum connected. Take your solvent of choice, and take drops of it in front of the tool. You don't want to use a lot because theres a good chance you'll delaminate the carpet if you do. Work your way toward the center, this will allow you to liquefy the ink, and immediately extract it.

If it really is a major glob, it makes more sense to do a patch or bonded insert instead. Removing ink could take a few minutes to hours to do. Unless of course you want to charge a very premium price to attempt to remove it. After you've done this make sure you're getting no absorbency to the towel. If there is a slight color remaining, treat it with stain magic again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom