Dehumidifiers

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
OK I thought I would ask the experts. I need to get started learning to do WDR and need to get some drying equipment and wanted to get opinions on JonDon's Ultimate 340 vs the Phoenix HT200.
Thanks, Doug

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have not used the Ultimate 340 but I do use the Phoenix HT's and am very happy with them.
The 340 has more of an amp draw that could cost you the use of one air mover per dehu on a job.
They both will except the solution amp which is a plus, but the HT will work in higher temperatures with out the $850 solution amp.
The Phoenix HT has been on the market for a few years with great reviews, the Ultimate 340 has not.
I suggest you go with the Phoenix HT 200.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey Doug!
OE-ULT340-EA.jpg

$1925.35
146 pts
340 cfm

PH-P200HT-EA.jpg

140pts 335 cfm
$2299.00

I don't own either unit, not fond of the metal, but I'm sure they are good machines.
The price is steering you to JD's machine.

Its a buyers market as distributors try to clear out inventory, good time to buy if you are in need of equipment.

LeeCory

Jondon sells that Ultimate 340 for $2244, it is $1925 if you buy 4.

But most importantly Jondon will match prices so you can get the HT's for a little over 2k.

The HT's will work in higher temps, so performance is steering you towards the HT's.

wired

I have used the Drizair 1200 with good luck. Does not use to much current. Use mostly in apts. Does anybody use these?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The Drizair 1200 is a Standard Refrigerant dehumidifier. It will not pull a lot of moisture form porous material. Cutting out sheetrock and removing carpet pad would be standard procedure with this dehumidifier. The LGR's (low grain refrigerant) allow many materials to be dried in place.

I'd say before you bought any dehus invest in some GOOD meters first and become proficient with them.

The world's best dehumidifier is absolutley useless without a well trained operator with quality metering equipment to find the moisture, quantify it, and track the drying process.

Before you invest in any equipment get some training and then work with another WDR contractor. Unlike carpet cleaning, you can not become skilled at WDR by takin a class and hitting the street. You MUST get experience from working with some one who knows. The nature of the work and liabilities do not lend themselves to learning on the fly.
It's not as easy as it seems and it requires a lot of dedication. It's not for everyone. I know a lot of guys who have dumped a lot of money into WDR only to find out it was not what they had envisioned.

Here are some key factors they you need just to start....

WTR & ASD.........................................................$3000.00 (tuition, travel, lodging, and meals)
CPL insurance.....................................................$10,000.00 to $25,000 year (several variables)
Meters.................................................................$1,500.00 to $2,000.00
Starter Equipment Package..................................$15,000 to $20,000.00
Marketing............................................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then consider that WDR must be a priority. If a call comes in it must be handled. That means that you will need to schedule less carpet cleaning to make time available for work that may or may not come in.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I am trying to give you a gut check so you can be sure you want to do this.

Good Luck.

P.S. 200 HT hands down.

wired

Most of the jobs I do are small .Apts Rooms in houses I do not want to get into this full time. Just use it with carpet cleaning and leave the big jobs to the big boys.I have 2 1200s and 12 air movers and that seems to take care of all the jobs I do. But I still have to in most cases take off base boards cut the sheetrock and that takes time. The Claw works great for sucking up water.

LeeCory

Wired, I agree with Steven.

If you go to any of the training classes, they will explain to you why you are leaving ALL your jobs wet. Do you have ALL the required meters to see that your structure is still wet? The reason it is still wet is that the dehu you have cannot get it dry. It is no different than the customers air conditioner.

If you had the proper dehu's you wouldn't have to cut out all the wet materials.

Back
Top Bottom