Deisel slide in

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Why is it that we do not see more diesel slide-in truck mounts? Are they too expensive, too heavy?

I see more cars these days that have diesel engines, why not carpet machines?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
not a Big Red......them Perkins 4 cyl are as smooth as a babys toush...
and will run over twenty years of dependable service...gotta hand it to Gene Bates...batshit crazy
but could build one hell of a machine......
kinna lik ME!

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Our apex's don't smell the vans up much at all. They are the big sprinters though, maybe it's different in an e350.

They do shake at idle - but so far I haven't had any nut n bolt chasing issues on them.

The heat is a tad bit under our gas tm's - but it beats two tanks.

Ron K

Anthony, Did you have to do the install and fuel tap or did the dealer? Do you heat or garage them in winter? Did you do any special exhaust modifications to get the fumes away from the interior? Do you use a divider to keep aroma out of the drivers area? I think that combo would be great and really set for the long haul. Thanks in advance.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a Diesel Apex.
I did rout the exhaust out under the van, so the van does not smell at all. There is an issue of smell though, if the engine works and the wind shifts towards the house, you do smell some diesel fumes. You would too if it was regular gas, however the smell is less obnoxious.

Can't compare to a gas slide in (never had one) but they do shake a bit.
I would assume that one reason they do not use a diesel may be the cost of the engine (that's what Les told me a while ago), as they are more expensive. Supposedly though they will last much longer.
Heat not much of an issue as it gets plenty hot (never been a heat freak, so take this with a grain of fat free salt.)

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
all ya gotta do is jus TOUCH it...
and you smell lik diesel for the rest of the day..........

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Anthony, Did you have to do the install and fuel tap or did the dealer? Do you heat or garage them in winter? Did you do any special exhaust modifications to get the fumes away from the interior? Do you use a divider to keep aroma out of the drivers area? I think that combo would be great and really set for the long haul. Thanks in advance.

I installed the tap on my unit. Most all of the new model sprinters have a tap on the ready, it's capped and you have to adapt but it works. I had to fab my own return, and I did so through the sending unit. DIY guide here:

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...uel-tap-a-do-it-yer-selfer&highlight=fuel+tap

Heated warehouse.

No exhaust mod at all, they fire right out the side door.

No divider.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom