demand pump question

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I ordered a fresh water pump from cobbs. Everything else in the order was right but i received a 1.5gpm instead of the 3.5 i ordered.

Then i got thinking-do i really need 3.5 gpm for 8-10 flow. This pump is bigger than my 3.5 oddly enough.

Also i see they dont last as long without the bladder tank. I have an old one. Could i just hook the new pump up with the original bladder tank ?

Also i see there is an air valve on the tank, how much air pressure should i put in it?

Thanks

Able 1

Name
Keith
Personally I would send it back since you are probably running like 2GPM with 8-10 flow.. That being said, if you are not running hard on the trigger you would probably be OK.. I don't believe you need the bladder tank with the pump that Cobb sells? The amount of air that should be in the tank is marked on the side(30psi maybe?).. I would also suggest that you replace the switch on the old before buying new since the switch is like $30 and a new pump is like $180 or more.. Usually the switch is the problem.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Yea the psi question was dumb its written right on it-put it at whatever the pump psi is rated at. I think i will try it with whatever pump i decide on. I did a search and many said shurflos dont last long without the tank.

Youre right about the switch. I found at dultmeier for 40. Too late, i guess i could keep it and use it as a back up. I hate sending stuff back and messn around

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think i will try it with whatever pump i decide on. I did a search and many said shurflos dont last long without the tank.

Probably cause the switch is activated too much.. Cobb has a top of the line demand pump! Get the one you ordered, cause it should last a long time! No one likes dicking around sending things back, but in this case you would be foolish not to.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"demand pump"

are you saying that your pump will NOT pull from the FWT.....
if that's the case you should change pumps.......

Able 1

Name
Keith
"demand pump"

are you saying that your pump will NOT pull from the FWT.....
if that's the case you should change pumps.......

Well not being sure of the unit he is running... From what I have seen with Prochem units the demand pump is used to fill the "water box" and the pump will draw the water from there.. If you don't have a water box I would think any pump will do.

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
Larry a question about this pump linked to your store. Does this pump continuously pump? Does it cycle on and off? Does it have a bypass that you can return to the fresh water tank? I currently have been using a pump by Dayton that pumps 10 gpm at 0 ft height, but runs continuously and has a bypass(return) line plumbed back to the fresh water tank, but has been discontinued, so I am looking for another when this one goes

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
My machine is a boxer 421. Yes the water box is up high so it needs a pump when using a tank. Thats just the way they are made. I actually dont mind having to use one because i know i have nice even pressure no matter how full the tank is.

During summer i just hook up to customers garden hose so no pump needed. But during winter that can be a problem so im getting everthing ready.

That looks like mytees pump. I do like how the water line hookups are just a quick connect instead of having to screw in the hose barb.

Back
Top Bottom