Demoed a new wand today. Not impressed.

A local cleaner bought a new bentley (new updates on manifold etc) for under 400 including shipping which is not bad at all off a site on the internet. I almost didn't demo it but I am glad I did. I used it with my tm and noticed right away the suction felt off even though this wand is a true 2 inch shaft. After cleaning with it I got my quad and immediately noticed a substantial increase in vac and cleaning power. It flat out cut stripes through the carpet I cleaned with the other wand. The swivel head is a neat concept but very impractical for open areas. Going forward and back was a challenge as the wand kept folding up. I guess you just have to get used to it. After using my 4 jet he says I like this wand. I think the glide on it is the difference. Yes that is right without the glide the suction was double. One more thing is his wand was 8 flow and mine is 6 flow and my wand clearly had more cleaning power or put out more water. His wand felt like it was misting the carpet while mine was actually cleaning the carpet. The machine was set at 400. Basically the prochem wand was far superior. No comparison. Everyone agreed on that. The lesson here is always demo a tool before you buy it. Some may love a tool while others do not. Everyone likes what they like. I wouldn't mind trying out a drimaster rotary tool.

He even bought a tm for a couple hundred dollars. I think he made a wise purchase. I hope it runs good for him. It has been sitting for a few years but I think he will get it running.

IMAG02721.jpg

IMAG02691.jpg

IMAG02671.jpg

meAt said:
DUDE...you're wearing CROCS..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is that Bentley's new manifold or Joe's?

..L.T.A.

No that isn't me. I owned Crocs stock at one point. I sold before it ran up and split. Then it became almost worthless.

The wand isn't all that bad. It just isn't as good as my prochem or a few others I have used. Also the jets were overspraying way too much. I told him to go to 80's on the outside to alleviate that, but he said he always dry strokes real good.

Name
Eric Valentine
I run a 14" head Bentley wand every day that has a hole green glide, and it does great with NO overspray (might have something to do with Greenie tweaking things a bit). I can skip dry passes, and leave the carpet drier than my aw-29 with 3 dry passes. I haven't tried a TI or Greenhorn wand out yet, so there might be something better out there, but for now, I am happy with the pimped out Bentley.

Good to hear. Like I said earlier everyone is different and likes what they like. When I first started coming to this board the general concensus on the drimaster was it was a ripoff poc. I talked to a guy I have a lot of respect for and he told me that it is a flat out money maker and does great on cgd. So always demo and come to your own conclussions on tools and chems.

My youtube page is different. How do you upload vids?

CleanEvo

Prochem has great wands. My Quad Jet is a work horse. I've been cleaning without a glide for a week and that thing scrubs the shit out of the carpets, the glide will be going back on, I just wanted to try it a while without it.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I really like my RDM, but it will not work on CGD unless it is perfectly smooth - I haven't found one smooth enough.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Mike is right that is the original spray bar. That wand was very heavy. I demoed it but it was to short for a fair comparison. I didn't like the swivel because you can't tip the wand near the wall to pick up debris or add a little extra spray.

gene

Name
jack zerkie
The wand looks like a wand that I had in 1980 it was with a steemex portable. Not a very good unit, way to much water from the multi jets and very poor vacum. It was the prior owners equipt also has propane heat and the propane tank leaked
Threw it all away and purchased a15gal Hoover robot unit and a roatry scrubber.
Still have both units today and use the Hoover for water extraction only.The equipment was cheep to purchase then, but wow I love whats out there today.The new guys have so much more to get the job done with today! jack z.

R

Robbie

danielc said:
Good to hear. Like I said earlier everyone is different and likes what they like. When I first started coming to this board the general concensus on the drimaster was it was a ripoff poc. I talked to a guy I have a lot of respect for and he told me that it is a flat out money maker and does great on cgd. So always demo and come to your own conclussions on tools and chems.

My youtube page is different. How do you upload vids?

The cleaning company that I use to work for uses the Drimaster and charges an additional $49.95 to use it and many customers do go for the upgrade. After buying the tool its a pure profit...The only drawback I found of using it is that it is pretty slow...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom