Descaling a white magic direct drive?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm used to machines with mix tanks/water boxes and this one doesn't have one. How do you descale the unit? An I missing something here?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think you will do it through the chem jug. I'm about to do the same thing with my Cleanco for the first time. Jack the soap flow way up and suck it through. I think I will shut it down in the process and let the chem sit in the lines for a little bit.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Isnt it supposed to circulate?

i think theres a hose connection ya make up. Theoretically it pulls from the water box then spits it back into the water box only to be circulated again.

What a pain huh!

Could a guy siphon from a bucket an do the same thing?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Mix the descaler in your 5 gallon chemical container. Get the machine up to working temperature.
Turn on water pump and chemical pump.
Spray into a bucket through your hoses and different tools.
Pour Second bucket into first and repeat if necessary.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mix the descaler in your 5 gallon chemical container. Get the machine up to working temperature.
Turn on water pump and chemical pump.
Spray into a bucket through your hoses and different tools.
Pour Second bucket into first and repeat if necessary.

I like Ray's way if it's not harming anything, while doing a thorough job. I guess we do need to be a little sensitive with the chem pump/diaphragm right? Is that the reason for bypass?

The Clean Machine

Chris A

Name
Chris
The chemical system is working fine. I'm more concerned with the heat exchangers and pump having scale build up

Chris A

Name
Chris
No everything is working fine I'm just going through it and doing everything not knowing when it was done last

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You will need to be familiar with the winterizing process anyways, and that would be the same as the descaling process. Disconnect the quick connect from the fresh tank hose leading to the machine that runs under the hose reel and drop that hose and your chemical draw hose into a bucket of descale acid solution and cycle that for a while. I have only done this once, a few years ago, and didn't flush this out adequately and on the next cleaning job I put down a solution that turned the beige carpet blue. Another fine mess.

Reactions: Chris A

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I was told that it is a good idea after it got circulated like Ray's suggesting, to give it like half an hour dwell time.
Lets the acid do its thingie.
I assume it will not hurt the components.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm used to machines with mix tanks/water boxes and this one doesn't have one. How do you descale the unit? An I missing something here?

Chris.....you running a water softner? Do you really need to descale? I've got close to 6000 on the Powerclean Genny, and have never descaled. I do run a Kinetico. Maybe the Procyon helps keep it clean.

Some of these responses remind me of my old PowerMatic days. With steel coils and kero heat, it needed descaled every 3-500 hours.

Chris A

Name
Chris
no softener, I just run city water. I descale my machine every 200 hours as part of regular maintenance, this is on my new (to me) machine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some of these responses remind me of my old PowerMatic days. With steel coils and kero heat, it needed descaled every 3-500 hours.
That higher heat most likely had something to do with it also. Its seems like the high heat will break down some chems that were not designed for extreme temps. Especially at those temps put out by kero burners.

Back
Top Bottom