jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
NJ3jUPqrmzEWCezKtxeID59JFnIUaR2YXWqjtvFrjiE=w140-h79-p-no
FVQzWqAA8WvvhokYR6-Fshr_bp0yk9YexVvMU0BxgS8=w140-h79-p-no
5vgPe0JOogNzGut5P2z9HYfjNzTsL7AcB0yIz0VhPLY=w140-h79-p-no
zW6A9WJBIzS2ehGruxaBsIZCPlZzv-3nGc_zdA3FoCw=w140-h79-p-no
V0dUOeIRqwlVUUJZhRbax-GSoPMxwydY8rx0uG7WuJY=w79-h140-p-no

So, I descaled my truckmount for the first time(500hrs). It wasn't so bad, actually pretty easy.

I always thought scale or chem build up would be white looking from the soapfree we run through the hx.

I had no clumps or chunks of stuff in any filters. Just rust stains from the hard water. Even with a softener in our house, we still get rust stains on stuff from our galvanized pipes(Very OLD house).

My question: Is scale build up or chem residue rust color?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Anytime I've seen scale build up, it was white and looked a lot like hard water deposits on chrome/glass. We have very hard water in the Phoenix area and I've never had any of my TMs turn a rust color.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Depends on Iron content in your water. So Possibly.

Take a QC off the end of your most used hose. Any rust?

Run from da Red Wata !

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I do mine every so often however it really doesn't need it as I only run fiber rinse through the truck which seems to keep it extremely clean inside

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I do mine every so often however it really doesn't need it as I only run fiber rinse through the truck which seems to keep it extremely clean inside

You think that would help w/the iron(rust)?

I don't get it, we have a softener in the house(well water) and still have iron/rust stains on tub etc. Makes me think a softener in the van would not help with this issue.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
There is a certain salt that you can buy for your softener that is supposed to stop rust stains. I don't remember what its called but I've seen it at home depot. If I get by there tomorrow I'll try to remember to get the name of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My experience even with water softener, filtration systems....even believe it was DI water for Dave Gill.... There are just some areas that with high heat from your system and water mineral content a person just might need to descale on a regular basis. I do it about once a month now with the high heat Butlers. Now just 65 Miles to my west where my Brothers clean carpets, they do not have to descale as often. 200 miles to my west were other family members clean carpets, I think they maybe do it once a year. Just don't let your system plug up. It can be a bear to get them working again.

Mark Saiger

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thank you, Larry.

One question, would chem build up in a hx look white? If so, I don't seem to have that.

So, your advice would be switch to an acid rinse? This will help w/the rust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom