Devastator 12” or 14”

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Looks like I can buy the 12” now. I’m buying one or the other and want some legit advice from people with experience if possible.

I don’t care about the price difference.

I don’t care about weight and the ability to use a 1.5” whip. I don’t mind fighting 2” all the way, just like I fight 2” when I go potty.

I simply want the wand that will give me the best suction/airflow for my smaller TMs (Legend and Boxxer 318... Boxxer has better vacuum btw).

Thanks in advance, pretty people.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I currently own two Mytee Bentley wands. I’ve been impressed, but have heard the Devastator wands pull more... of course carpet cleaners told me that.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have both devs. When I’m in a home loaded with furniture and tight places, the 12” with the tapered hose is a blessing. Also has impressive water recovery. Something about the head design makes it the absolute best extraction wand on the market. Even my little 110lb helper loves it.

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I have both devs. When I’m in a home loaded with furniture and tigjt places, the 12” with the tapered hose is a blessing. Also has impressive water recovery. Something about the head design makes it the absolute best extraction wand on the market. Even my little 110lb helper loves it.
But comparing both sizes head to head, does the 14” still have overall better airflow?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
But comparing both sizes head to head, does the 14” still have overall better airflow?
The 14 is good but something about the 12 just kicks ass. Maybe @TConway can post a schematic. Lol.

So rediculous the vendors in this industry are. Just sharing my personal thought there.

Reactions: Meter Maid

sassyotto

Name
Paul
When they had the free trial I think it was the 12 inch. I have to agree it was pretty awesome. Definately the wand if your doing residential.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
So even if you don’t care about the smaller size, you’d still take it over the 14”? Just for performance.

Name
Matt Ross
I have the 12 and love it. Only time I wish I had the 14 is commercial when I cant encap. And then my small machine with a 33 blower wouldnt really do the 14 justice.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Am I correct the 12” comes with a 1.5”-2” adaptor so I can connect a 2” hose directly to the wand? I don’t care about having a whip.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I hate to answer these post because it may come across as a sales pitch but here you go.
I was never a 1.5 guy, I always believed in 2.0 wands.
I had several of my customers ask me to do a 1.5 version, it took some time, and because I dont really have any experience in the 1.5 wands, I am going by what my customers are telling me.
So far everyone has been very happy with the wand and its performance.
What I can say is I carry both on the van, 90% of the time I reach for the 1.5, it does take a little longer on empties, but the cleaning path is just awesome, I put the same jets (fan angle) as on the 14, so we are getting a ton of overlap, I don't think this wand will ever streak even with worn out jets.
The recovery is very good, ( this has been one of the most talked about with my customers also).
Weight is not a huge amount between the 12, and 14....noticeable but not anything crazy.
Suction wise...be ready to work, this wand has some bite and even with the glide it comes equipped with it still has some serious bite.
I absolutely love the 12 it performs amazing.

Mikey P

Administrator
I hate to answer these post because it may come across as a sales pitch but here you go.
I had several of my customers ask me to do a 1.5 version, it took some time, and because I dont really have any experience in the 1.5 wands, I am going by what my customers are telling me.
What I can say is I carry both on the van, 90% of the time I reach for the 1.5, it does take a little longer on empties, but the cleaning path is just awesome, I put the same jets (fan angle) as on the 14, so we are getting a ton of overlap, I don't think this wand will ever streak even with worn out jets.
The recovery is very good, ( this has been one of the most talked about with my customers also).
Weight is not a huge amount between the 12, and 14....noticeable but not anything crazy.
Suction wise...be ready to work, this wand has some bite and even with the glide it comes equipped with it still has some serious bite.

and yet all but one of the demo tour goobs didn't see it...amazed.

#bestwandever

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Last couple question and then I'll decide...

Looks like you went 6 flow on the 12", why?

If you put a 2" tube on the new 12" head, how would the performance (airflow) be in your estimation?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Last couple question and then I'll decide...

Looks like you went 6 flow on the 12", why?

If you put a 2" tube on the new 12" head, how would the performance (airflow) be in your estimation?
6 Flow because of the amount of overlap is crazy good.
2.0 tube sucks tried it, I even made one for a guy to try he sent it back it sucks lol. I told him he wouldn't like it, but we went ahead and gave it a try.
2.0 makes the wand very unbalanced, awkward, and the airflow, dry times are not that much different.
This wand at 200 feet out has no problem sucking coins off the carpet at very good velocity.
The 12 was meant to be a nice maneuverable easy to use wand...2.0 tube takes every bit of that away

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
6 Flow because of the amount of overlap is crazy good.
2.0 tube sucks tried it, I even made one for a guy to try he sent it back it sucks lol. I told him he wouldn't like it, but we went ahead and gave it a try.
2.0 makes the wand very unbalanced, awkward, and the airflow, dry times are not that much different.
This wand at 200 feet out has no problem sucking coins off the carpet at very good velocity.
The 12 was meant to be a nice maneuverable easy to use wand...2.0 tube takes every bit of that away
Thanks. I sent you a text. Give me a call when you can and I'll probably order one of the two. Couple questions that'll be easier to ask over the phone.

Reactions: TConway

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom