Did a little compare/contrast today....Encapsulation Contest

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Call me a hack but I went to do my monthly maintenance cleaning at Plaza 9 Theatre today. I do the lobby and halls once a month. Von Schrader and HWE Annually. 4 Main Theatres quarterly. 5 Small Twice a year.

I walked in today to do the lobby and halls and for the first time ever thought it actually looked clean. For those of you that recall any of my posts on this place. I have done it for 3-4 years and the account was lost by ServiceMaster because of leaving so much soap in the carpet. It took a good 2-3 cleanings to get it somewhat back to normal. It has been a long journey but am very proud of this account.

So I walked around, pondered a few things. Decided to tackle the 4 main theatres since they were overdue; they are just a pain with stairs on both sides of theatres and are kind of a pain in the keester. Not sure what type of fiber it is but kinda has a nap to it a little bit. It's brownish/soft feel.

They were not sticky at all and are usually covered in soda residue. So I pull out the 175 and fiber pads and decided to do compare and contrast. 4 Theatres about equal soiling and not really any major soda spills; 4 different detergents. Hot Knife, Encap Green, Releasit DS, and Peroxcyllent. Fresh fiber pad on each theatre. Pre-Vac with each theatre of course with Lindhaus. Roughly 400-500 sq ft per theatre. Flipped pad halfway through each.

I have one theatre left to do tomorrow which will be with Peroxcyllent but I highly favor Releasit for daily use but I'm gonna have to say I was impressed with Hot Knife and Encap Green which were samples I used for the first time.

I think Hot Knife out cleaned the other two. Actually I think Encap Green was a close second. I used very similar amounts if not the same per theatre.

I will report back on results with Peroxcyllent tomorrow and check on all of them next time I clean.

Did Hot Knife perform well on that type of soil with the Ammonia in it?? or What

I mixed all three about recommended dosage for heavy soil.

I have used Releasit on GREASY restaurants with good results tho.

Any comments??? Besides me being a hack

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Did a little compare/contrast today....Encapsulation Con

Yeah, we need before and after shots please.

Not too late for the Peroxellent one.

WE love some Encap Green....Hot Knife is great but EG smells wayyyy better!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Expect your movie theaters to not get so dirty like they used to.

The cost of going to see a movie and a snack or two plus drink is about as much as having dinner at a nice restaurant plus popping a netflix into your bluray player at home.

Nobody comes into the room late walking over you or talking the whole way or just making noises and farting or whatever. I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of being at the movies.
I have a feeling, more and more of the movie theaters will stay cleaner for a longer time- because of lack of crowds.
With a nice TV and a sweet surround sound system I got in my family room- I don't need to go to the movies..

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky

Yah Zee I hear ya..

We got Klipsch speakers for Christmas and got the Sub ourselves. Movies are soundin reaallll good now. :)))

But you make a good point.

Also pics might not turn out so well with the lighting being verrrry poor. Theatres are meant to be somewhat dark even with all the lights on.

And the carpet is dark brown and is brightening up but with being so dark the pic might not show much.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky

Yes I do like Snake Oil
I used up my last Triple Strength High Foam Snake Oil the other day and did not have any for this little competition.

Is it similar to Hot Knife since they both have ammonia?? Hot Knife did not foam up as well tho.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Expect your movie theaters to not get so dirty like they used to.

The cost of going to see a movie and a snack or two plus drink is about as much as having dinner at a nice restaurant plus popping a netflix into your bluray player at home.

Nobody comes into the room late walking over you or talking the whole way or just making noises and farting or whatever. I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of being at the movies.
I have a feeling, more and more of the movie theaters will stay cleaner for a longer time- because of lack of crowds.
With a nice TV and a sweet surround sound system I got in my family room- I don't need to go to the movies..

depends where you are i guess.....they are still building new ones out here...cinemark (national) and cineplex (larry h miller, local) are duking it out right now....

cinemark just redid their janitoral accts NO LEAF BLOWERS TO CLEAN THEATERS

A. they now have pleather seats and it would make them wayyy to dusty
B. the new screen dont allow for cleaning like they use to...have some sort of coating on them that can be stripped off...these are the screens that allow you to watch 3-d shows...

I have 2 big strip jobs for 2 of them in april when they finish the change over of FILM to all DIGITAL

but my close one here that avgs a good chunk per mth, is now getting remodeled starting march....so now no carpets for a while there...at least till oct i think :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky

Well....everything turned out fine.

Carpets next day of first 3 theatres felt nice and crunchy from encap detergent...

Peroxcyllent did really well. Foamed up and cut through great I thought.

Overall I guess like some say any QUALITY encap juice is as good as the rest. But if you want to get really picky I think all of them are different and some better for certain situations.

I will say this tho that I have been extremely impressed and had great results from Peroxcyllent especially with coffee spills that don't extract out but post padding with peroxcyllent at 10oz/gal and next day WA-LA!! Gone.

I liked Hot Knife and would like to try a gallon of it and would like to try Snake Oil again. Also Releasit's Peroxide detergent. Will start ordering little more when biz kicks into high gear in the next month or so.

Thanks Steve Smith
Thanks Judson
Thanks Releasit
And many others

It's so hard to find a GOOD balanced business. Good service, good product and great price.
They all have it.

I don't know who I like more between Joyce and the gal that answers for VacAway. Both way cool!!! Way helpful! And way informative!!

Thanks guys and please do whatever it takes to continue to make great product and keep progressing.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Pad encapping is my prefered way to clean commerciaL

Congrats in finding a new way to tackly those theaters.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I've had nothing but amazing results with peroxcellent and padcapping.

I've got my new phone now so maybe I can take some decent before and afters

Pet urine stains, coffee etc. Really make the carpet look and smell clean....and you know what that means....it IS clean.

And my carpet felt nice and sof the next day...has stayed looking beautiful for about 2 months now. Love it.

Here's how you know it's working.

peroxellant.jpg

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

jstucky said:
Well....everything turned out fine.

Carpets next day of first 3 theatres felt nice and crunchy from encap detergent...

Peroxcyllent did really well. Foamed up and cut through great I thought.

Overall I guess like some say any QUALITY encap juice is as good as the rest. But if you want to get really picky I think all of them are different and some better for certain situations.

I will say this tho that I have been extremely impressed and had great results from Peroxcyllent especially with coffee spills that don't extract out but post padding with peroxcyllent at 10oz/gal and next day WA-LA!! Gone.

I liked Hot Knife and would like to try a gallon of it and would like to try Snake Oil again. Also Releasit's Peroxide detergent. Will start ordering little more when biz kicks into high gear in the next month or so.

Thanks Steve Smith
Thanks Judson
Thanks Releasit
And many others

It's so hard to find a GOOD balanced business. Good service, good product and great price.
They all have it.

I don't know who I like more between Joyce and the gal that answers for VacAway. Both way cool!!! Way helpful! And way informative!!

Thanks guys and please do whatever it takes to continue to make great product and keep progressing.

All that and more in one place.... EncapStore.com
(Shameless Plug :p )

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky

Sorry Jeremy! But I just did companies their I didn't do distributors!!

If I would have B-I-N-G-O you would be right there with your one stop shop.

Back
Top Bottom